Wing Chun's Boxing Defense

Master Wong is no doubt hilarious; "cool" though I'm not so sure about LOL.

Huh, i was like "didn't this get posted before?"
Yup, this did get posted before.

I lolled when I saw Master Wong. He never disappoints.

In the era of google and youtube, things like this still make money. unbelievable.

i wish the guy actually was a "boxer"!! ffs have they never heard of a feint

Well, his defense is go for a clinch, Helio would agree.

need to see him fight wiz cool c with wushu as the ref.

What is shown should not be construed as one style defending another. There is only so many ways to defend and counter no matter what "style" you have. You either obstruct, or evade, and then hit back. I guess the only difference is what part of your arm or what path the arm takes in order to obstruct, or how you move your body and what position you end up in once you have evaded.

But the effectiveness really just boils down to whether you are quick enough to pick up on the attack, and quick enough to react with whatever your chosen method is.

It is very important to a lot of people though, that people who claim to do one martial art or another retain the aesthetic quality of only choosing certain option and that people look a certain way while they are doing them. In that way, they can say that this look or that look is better for this or that, they can take extra pride in looking like a photo of something, and they can claim to be teaching from a lineage without the flaws that come from creativity or personal insight.

Similar strategies can be found in muay chaiya too.

Master Wong is such a character. I can't help but smile everytime I watch him. He would be so interesting to have at a dinner party.

crazy enough framing on someone's neck, breaking their posture, and punching with your free hand is actually a pretty good strategy.

this is the problem
article-2483548-19217E3700000578-249_634x478.jpg

lol like the bit where he says 'Box me! Box me! Box me!' as he hits him each time

Back