Wineland considering retirement: I

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Following a TKO loss to Johnny Eduardo this past Saturday in Cincinnati, former WEC bantamweight champion Eddie Wineland has found himself at a career crossroads.

Wineland told MMAjunkie he suffered a broken jaw in the fight, and on Wednesday he underwent surgery in Chicago. With his jaw currently wired shut, Wineland said a doctor recommended he reassess his fighting career.

that're are a rough assassinment from himside the dotctor. winland at the desperate moments are at little bit funny to himself, he mading the jokes regard his jaw wire shot. so he are consumed many juice, i thinking? funny guy at little bit to do

rests in piece

What the fuck?

that're are a rough assassinment from himside the dotctor. winland at the desperate moments are at little bit funny to himself, he mading the jokes regard his jaw wire shot. so he are consumed many juice, i thinking? funny guy at little bit to do

rests in piece

go-home-youre-drunk.jpg

hands up and tuck your chin... it was just a matter of time before someone blasted him like that

rests in piece

What the blue fuck is this.

I literally feel like I've had a k-bomb

lets all point out the obvious, he wont retire and within 3 months he will have a fight scheduled and say hes as motivated as ever

Dude is wayyyy too talented to have the striking defense that he has. Gonna miss Eddie if he goes.

Maybe he's just disappointed about the loss and dreading the recovery period and he'll change his mind as he gets healthy. Then again, maybe he's reached that point where he's ready to walk away.

I wish more fighters would come to that conclusion and walk away without becoming a complete shell of themselves first, but I understand why the love of the sport - or the need for the money - makes it tough for many to do that.

My favorite part is "assassinment from himside"

rests in piece

I understand.

hands up and tuck your chin... it was just a matter of time before someone blasted him like that
Yea man it was such a matter of time that the Baron, Renan Barao couldn't do it without an assist from the ref. :icon_lol:

And as a matter of fact, he got hit because he was over-extended past his stance. "hands up" wouldn't have done anything to save him there. Chin down would've helped a little, but his weight was not properly distributed to begin with, which is the more important issue.

Wineland is one of the best strikers in the lower weight classes, he knows what he's doing.

FFS, Anderson Silva drops his hands and leaves his chin dangling right out there all the time and he gets called the GOAT for it.

lets all point out the obvious, he wont retire and within 3 months he will have a fight scheduled and say hes as motivated as ever

He said he's basically going to be out for the next 10 months because of his jaw so I highly doubt that he'll have a fight lined up in the next 3 months

rests in piece

stewie.png

He said he's basically going to be out for the next 10 months because of his jaw so I highly doubt that he'll have a fight lined up in the next 3 months
He probably won't have a fight in the next 3 months yeah, but he said that he's had a jaw injury before and it kept him out for 10 months at that time, not that he would be out for that long right now.

He still has a lay-off to deal with, but his official suspension is actually 6 weeks, before the doctor can even think about clearing him to fight or train.

rests in piece

You're my hero

rests in piece

what in the sweet fuck did i just read

FFS, Anderson Silva drops his hands and leaves his chin dangling right out there all the time and he gets called the GOAT for it.

Cause he makes it super obvious that he was trying to do as such. And even then, it's what got him caught and makes tons of non-MMA fans shit on him. Very different from just having subpar/lazy defense.

rests in piece

Analysis brought to you by Jason Genova

rests in piece

You went full Tito.

Never go full Tito.

Back