Windows updates

It should be illegal for them to bundle telemetry phone home shit and other shit with windows updates and call them windows updates. They will make the masses not trust them and not run the updates, then bad guys will cripple hospitals, power plants, etc. They need to be held to higher standards due to monopoly.

A few years ago, some random windows update bricked all our laptops at work.

You probably have 100s of trojans and trackers and don't even know it.
Negative, not going to get into anything crazy but I've had feds go to other houses because my actions are illegal and they show up there trying to arrest that person going through his/her computer. ;)

You probably have 100s of trojans and trackers and don't even know it.

Isnt sherdog filled with that shit?
IIRC there used to tons of complaints about redirects and virus software going fritz when surfing sherdog.
Surfing the web with no anti malware / anti virus is not a smart choice.

Yup I don't want to skip the updates because they plug security holes, but it's bullshit how they change your settings. Like they default your browser back to edge or some stupid shit.

I can change it back so it's just an annoyance for me, but for my family it's a real pain in the ass because people like my grandma don't know how to change it back.

I found a setting that allows the update to be delayed for 34 days under the advanced options. The update looks like it's for Microsoft Edge and a one month free trial version of some new Microsoft subscription bundle.

I checked Windows Security settings and that shows that everything is up to date using F-secure which I think is through my cable company so I don't need to rely on Windows Defender.

Yup I don't want to skip the updates because they plug security holes, but it's bullshit how they change your settings. Like they default your browser back to edge or some stupid shit.

I can change it back so it's just an annoyance for me, but for my family it's a real pain in the ass because people like my grandma don't know how to change it back.

I've deleted Microsoft Edge several times and it keeps coming back when Windows updates. Windows seems to be as bad as any virus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back