Windows updates

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Microsoft is getting more insistent that I use their products as every update wants me to change my default programs. They don't even give an option to decline, only one to decide later.

I update to keep windows defender virus definitions up to date but this is getting annoying.

Microsoft is getting more insistent that I use their products as every update wants me to change my default programs. They don't even give an option to decline, only one to decide later.

I update to keep windows defender virus definitions up to date but this is getting annoying.

Get a 3:e party anti virus program?

Nothing better than when I have to run into the office to quickly print something off or look something up but instead have to wait there for 45 fucking minutes while my computer boots up.

Nothing better than when I have to run into the office to quickly print something off or look something up but instead have to wait there for 45 fucking minutes while my computer boots up.
20201116_120618.jpg
a8oBxZ6_700b.jpg

Last couple days I have been getting a lot of updates too, I've never used a virus protection even though I can get anything for free but I guess I just know my way around the Internet.

Can't you set your computer to not shut down automatically as well as set updates to require approval for non usage times or something worded similarly? I think that should keep your system ready for most things and you can then do the updates when it won't fuck you without a smooch.

There was an update a few months ago that took all night to update. Still don't know why it took so long.

Can't you set your computer to not shut down automatically as well as set updates to require approval for non usage times or something worded similarly? I think that should keep your system ready for most things and you can then do the updates when it won't fuck you without a smooch.

I used to have my computer set up to allow me to chose updates but Windows 10 has taken over. It will show a prompt that "invites" me to update now, schedule an update time or update when not in use. It's like the local government setting up a referendum on whether to build a building. It gets voted down. The next one asks where to build it. Windows doesn't take no for an answer.

I used to have my computer set up to allow me to chose updates but Windows 10 has taken over. It will show a prompt that "invites" me to update now, schedule an update time or update when not in use. It's like the local government setting up a referendum on whether to build a building. It gets voted down. The next one asks where to build it. Windows doesn't take no for an answer.

Its communism

set your network connection as a metered connection.
set microsoft updates to not download updates on a metered connection.

Yes it is like an update assault with options. Also if you choose a time but try to shut down or restart before then it doesn't let you do anything besides update and restart or update and shut down. Right?

"Hey, I saw you didn't update me and put me to sleep. What's that all about? It's 4:40 AM, so I'm just gonna turn myself back on and here we go...."

shit, just wait until you have to force stop Update and DISM w/ Command Prompt and delete the Distribution file

I'd have to look into that but unfortunately I don't have a lot of administrative freedom with my work desktop PC and laptop.

I'd have to look into that but unfortunately I don't have a lot of administrative freedom with my work desktop PC and laptop.

Oh oh, of course. Same here. In fact once the remote plant that handles our admin decisions swapped us to a different version of Windows while we were in production and then once they were informed that wasn't supposed to happen at our facility they decided to switch us back immediately which caused even more hours of downtime. Was brilliant really.

Last couple days I have been getting a lot of updates too, I've never used a virus protection even though I can get anything for free but I guess I just know my way around the Internet.

You probably have 100s of trojans and trackers and don't even know it.

Reactions: lsa
If you don't like updates you can go into services and turn off the service for it. It will stop the Windows update service from running but beware that sometimes it'll turn itself back on

Yes it is like an update assault with options. Also if you choose a time but try to shut down or restart before then it doesn't let you do anything besides update and restart or update and shut down. Right?

Yes. It used to offer the option of shutting down, update and shut down, update and restart. Now it's just update and shut down. I've even tried shutting down by holding the start button and it updates when I restart.

Back