Windows 10 is pissing me off.

That's really weird man.

I have done numerous GPU upgrades and never had to/felt the need to update my OS.

Only a device driver uninstall/reinstall if/when switching from AMD to NVidia and vice versa should have you set.
DDU bless.

After over an hour with two different support people from Nvidia, the only fix was to create a second Windows user account, switch it to admin and Geforce Experience and Chrome both work perfectly on the new account.

Weird shit.

It is possible to heavily delay updates by setting your Network Connection to metered in Settings. I avoided that one update last year that crippled some people's computers and only got the update later after they had fixed it. Fortunately Microsoft is changing their update plans so that Home users as well as others will have more control over delaying updates, starting in May. So you won't have to use janky solutions like that.

They override you.

I turned it off and the fuckers just updated anyway.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Thats why I hardly ever use Windows. Only for gaming and even then I dont let it connect to the Interwebz.

I see some Apple fanboys up in this bitch.
I'm not an Apple fanboy but I can't fucking stand Windows. I'm using Linux and Mac for years now, my life is so much better. I don't get why regular people (non-gamers) still use Windows.

And not be able to use half my software and video games? Lol no.

I dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu only use Win 7 for games, use Ubuntu for everything else. Works perfectly.

Because Windows sucks.
Does the point escape you? Obviously it doesn't suck because you have it because you need it because it's better for what you need than anything else.

I applaud your dual boot setup, and I deeply appreciate everything Linux, but keep it grounded. Windows outperforms Linux in pretty much every non-gaming software benchmark I've ever seen, too, has more stability, more simplified support, and is just generally more geared to be user-friendly. Linux is incredible, and best of all its free, but I weary of people taking Windows for granted. Grab a bluetooth keyboard, an Amazon Fire tablet, and go use that for a few weeks. That's the world we could live in.

The build update rollouts and forced updates have been a nightmare the past few years with Windows 10. I won't deny that. They need to get a grip on it. I'm optimistic the fact they abandoned forced updates is a good sign.

I'm not an Apple fanboy but I can't fucking stand Windows. I'm using Linux and Mac for years now, my life is so much better. I don't get why regular people (non-gamers) still use Windows.
I had my last fuckig straw with Mac last year, I had to use windows and pc at work but all personal was Mac.

I went back to pc and windows and have never been happier.

There is some tweaking with windows to get it where I like it, and fought that for a bit but it’s been all good since.

Use what makes you happy, we all have needs and desires and they don’t always match.

Because one system is the end all for YOU doesn’t mean it sucks and is worthless.

My iPhone isn’t even iTunes account set-up, which means no apps, No nothing.

It makes phone calls, texts and uses the interwebs

I’m a happy happy man.

Hey man, nothing wrong with spending 3 times as much because you know you're too dumb or lazy to figure out how to work an actual computer!

Apples are generally far superior machines to PCs. Only unsophisticated monkeys would think otherwise.

My windows 10 still has a watermark on the bottom to activate windows but so far the only thing I can't do is change my background, is that really worth a hundred bucks?

Wish I could go back to using Windows 8. @ralphc1

f93d717d1474b8d929ae871bb44388fd.jpg

Never liked Windows 8 at all. I bought a new old stock laptop just to get Windows 7.

Did you restart the PC after the update?
I know it's obvious, but many don't do it

Also, try running from cmd:
chkdsk /f /r
sfc /scannow

This might help you
https://www.tecklyfe.com/how-to-fix-windows-10-slow/

Good call on that. But yes, Windows 10 is extremely cumbersome for your hardware. I assume you have a solid state hard drive? If not, that will bottleneck your shit on Windows 10 no matter how great the rest of your hardware is.

Back