Windows 10 is pissing me off.

How did you "roll back" with a clean install? A roll back restores to a previous state. That implies an update, not a clean install.
For me from a clean install there was 2 separate long updates. After the first one I didnt notice much change but after the second a lot changed including performance. When i rolled back it went back to the way it was after the first update. Literally perfect except for not recognizing my 2080

So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I would just do a clean install, do all the updates and hopefully all would be good. After the last updates, I got my wish and it recognized the card.

However, now, I'm noticing a bunch of issues with the latest build. My Chrome is painfully slow and at least half the time not even responding. Geforce Experience won't open at all. My computer as a whole has become slow. I'm noticing the number of windows processes has gone from high 20's, low 30's in the previous build, to mid 80's. I have a 8700k, fiber internet, 16GB of 4133mhz GSkill ram, and this just doesn't seem to make sense on a clean Windows, fully updated install. What am I missing?
You saw them put a touch screen layout onto a mouse/keyboard and didn't immediate realize Microsoft is retarded . Lmfao if you use microsoft shit in 2019 and then blame microsoft for your 'tardness.

For me from a clean install there was 2 separate long updates. After the first one I didnt notice much change but after the second a lot changed including performance. When i rolled back it went back to the way it was after the first update. Literally perfect except for not recognizing my 2080
Windows Build 1709 is supposed to be the earliest build that is compatible with the RTX series. Maybe try updating/flashing your BIOS if you hadn't. Otherwise, if you didn't try updating your GPU drivers manually, I would again suggest that. Microsoft has shamefully overlooked integrating this step into some of their major builds including last year with 1803.

Windows Build 1709 is supposed to be the earliest build that is compatible with the RTX series. Maybe try updating/flashing your BIOS if you hadn't. Otherwise, if you didn't try updating your GPU drivers manually, I would again suggest that. Microsoft has shamefully overlooked integrating this step into some of their major builds including last year with 1803.
I actually did try that yesterday to flash my BIOS on my Taichi z370 from 3.10 to the newest one and it wouldnt work for some reason. The last flash I did was easy but this one isnt cooperating for some reason. As i speak I'm realizing even though i thought the updates were 100% done they're not still a few cumulative updates plus I've waited to install chrome until all updates are done so wish me luck lol

Still pissed my computer updated to Windows 10 without my consent.
Silence_does_not_equal_consent.gif

Microsoft needs to be charged with rape!

I no longer have to enter a password. Windows boots to Microsoft Edge.

Looks like your PC is fucked. Better send me the 2080 and your cpu and I'll dispose of them

did u try yelling at it or hitting it? maybe its thirsty and needs soem water

Well I got everything to work except Chrome I gave up on that and am sticking with Edge.

Geforce Experience still won't work though but apparently a ton of people are having the exact same issue.

Geforce Experience won't open at all.

Geforce Experience and the Nvidia audio drivers should be deselected on install. Both are bloatware by Nvidia. Especially Geforce Experience, which causes graphical driver corruption along with instability.

Yeah like @KaNesDeath said, you don't need GeForce Experience. I never install it, the nVidia Control Panel still works and that's usually all you need. Though you can also get another nvidia app called Profile Inspector if you want greater control over game-specific GPU settings.

Stupidity is a right, according to apple fangirls

Hey man, nothing wrong with spending 3 times as much because you know you're too dumb or lazy to figure out how to work an actual computer!

So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I would just do a clean install, do all the updates and hopefully all would be good. After the last updates, I got my wish and it recognized the card.

However, now, I'm noticing a bunch of issues with the latest build. My Chrome is painfully slow and at least half the time not even responding. Geforce Experience won't open at all. My computer as a whole has become slow. I'm noticing the number of windows processes has gone from high 20's, low 30's in the previous build, to mid 80's. I have a 8700k, fiber internet, 16GB of 4133mhz GSkill ram, and this just doesn't seem to make sense on a clean Windows, fully updated install. What am I missing?

That's really weird man.

I have done numerous GPU upgrades and never had to/felt the need to update my OS.

Only a device driver uninstall/reinstall if/when switching from AMD to NVidia and vice versa should have you set.

You might have that System32 virus that's been going around. If you see a directory with that name delete it immediately.

Wish I could go back to using Windows 8. @ralphc1

f93d717d1474b8d929ae871bb44388fd.jpg

<DisgustingHHH>

Windows 7 Masterrace checking in

I use Windows 10 now; after a week and installing a 3rd party start menu I stopped bitching

Back