Windows 10 is pissing me off.

Rygu

R.I.P. Obie
@Gold
Reaction score
So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I would just do a clean install, do all the updates and hopefully all would be good. After the last updates, I got my wish and it recognized the card.

However, now, I'm noticing a bunch of issues with the latest build. My Chrome is painfully slow and at least half the time not even responding. Geforce Experience won't open at all. My computer as a whole has become slow. I'm noticing the number of windows processes has gone from high 20's, low 30's in the previous build, to mid 80's. I have a 8700k, fiber internet, 16GB of 4133mhz GSkill ram, and this just doesn't seem to make sense on a clean Windows, fully updated install. What am I missing?

Lol at using Windows.

Hey brah, the 90s called they want their computer back.

So I just bought a Geforce 2080 and realized I needed to update my Windows 10 pro to the latest build in order for it to work. I decided instead I would just do a clean install, do all the updates and hopefully all would be good. After the last updates, I got my wish and it recognized the card.

However, now, I'm noticing a bunch of issues with the latest build. My Chrome is painfully slow and at least half the time not even responding. Geforce Experience won't open at all. My computer as a whole has become slow. I'm noticing the number of windows processes has gone from high 20's, low 30's in the previous build, to mid 80's. I have a 8700k, fiber internet, 16GB of 4133mhz GSkill ram, and this just doesn't seem to make sense on a clean Windows, fully updated install. What am I missing?

What's GeForce 2080?

you got the RTX? legit jelly rn

@Rygu better to post in the arcade, still have the salty posters from the OT hanging around in here, you won’t get any real advice here. @Madmick maybe can move your thread as well as giving you decent tech advice

Nice build bro. Do you windows on an ssd?

Not sure where you procured Windows, but it could be corrupt.

Did you update the graphics driver for your RTX 2080 in your Device Manager manually? Give that a whirl.

Not sure if you saw the news several days ago, but Microsoft has finally permitted users to not take forced updates (for 18 months):
https://www.techpowerup.com/254376/microsoft-reconsiders-no-more-forced-updates-in-windows-10

You can run through the troubleshoot list I recommended to GearSolidMetal in the VG, but I am suspicious something went wrong in the Windows, or that your Windows install file might be the problem itself. Lengthy troubleshoot lists are typically the sort of thing you want to avoid or leave behind by going nuclear with a fresh OS install.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/147927643/

If you opened up the PC to install the graphics card, there is always the risk this is hardware-related. You might try re-seating RAM, GPU, checking cable connections to hard drive, most importantly your OS drive, etc.

I see some Apple fanboys up in this bitch.

Not sure where you procured Windows, but it could be corrupt.

Did you update the graphics driver for your RTX 2080 in your Device Manager manually? Give that a whirl.

Not sure if you saw the news several days ago, but Microsoft has finally permitted users to not take forced updates (for 18 months):
https://www.techpowerup.com/254376/microsoft-reconsiders-no-more-forced-updates-in-windows-10

You can run through the troubleshoot list I recommended to GearSolidMetal in the VG, but I am suspicious something went wrong in the Windows, or that your Windows install file might be the problem itself. Lengthy troubleshoot lists are typically the sort of thing you want to avoid or leave behind by going nuclear with a fresh OS install.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/147927643/

If you opened up the PC to install the graphics card, there is always the risk this is hardware-related. You might try re-seating RAM, GPU, checking cable connections to hard drive, most importantly your OS drive, etc.
The Windows and video card are both ok im quite sure. Theres been lots of people with issues with the latest version of Windows 10 myself included but I rolled back and everything was ok. Unfortunately the 2080 will only be recognized on the latest build which is what sucks.

What is using your processor though?

The Windows and video card are both ok im quite sure. Theres been lots of people with issues with the latest version of Windows 10 myself included but I rolled back and everything was ok. Unfortunately the 2080 will only be recognized on the latest build which is what sucks.
How did you "roll back" with a clean install? A roll back restores to a previous state. That implies an update, not a clean install.

Back