Wind river is on Netflix

The only thing I hated about wind river was the end. The dude should've lived way longer but gets what 200m away keels over and dies, just doesn't happen that way. Other than that a great great movie.

I think maybe he didn't die after 200m, he just collapsed from the pain of the little fluid sacs in his lungs bursting or the pain of frostbite setting in.

The movie emphasized that the girl made it far because she had that warrior spirit, so a coward like him probably could've gone farther but just gave up when it started getting painful and hopeless. He might have laid there for quite a while before actually dying.

I have to talk myself out of buying that lever action Marlin every time

wind-river-banner__64037.original.jpg
Go for it! You can drop a lot of zombies with this.

Good movie. It was amazing until the shootout scene where the female cop gets shot and flies back 30 feet Loony Tunes style.

love this movie, i got the dvd.

The only thing I hated about wind river was the end. The dude should've lived way longer but gets what 200m away keels over and dies, just doesn't happen that way. Other than that a great great movie.
Because he wasnt a warrior

He was a pussy

Bought it, love it. SBL 45-75 for the win. Kind of a waste at the range but my favourite gun for in the bush

Although I'm a little peeved I bought it before the purchase by ruger. Really would love to see what they do with their version of the 1895
Pretty much why I haven’t bought it. Not really something you can take to the range or use for home defense. Then as far as I know wild herds of grizzly bears, carnivorous bison or T rexs won’t be coming through Georgia anytime soon so I don’t really have a use for it at the moment. I’ll find one one of these days though.

Great movie. Sicario is one of my GOAT movies and soundtracks though. The first time I saw the part where they pick up the mafia guy in Mexico <Eek2.0>

Pretty much why I haven’t bought it. Not really something you can take to the range or use for home defense. Then as far as I know wild herds of grizzly bears, carnivorous bison or T rexs won’t be coming through Georgia anytime soon so I don’t really have a use for it at the moment. I’ll find one one of these days though.

If you want a cheaper short barrel lever action, Chiappa 1892 is a great gun; especially the Alaskan model. .44 mag ammo is also easier on the wallet

Sicario and Hell or High Water are two of my favorite movies of all time. Thought Wind River would be up there, but not so much. Strong debut for Taylor Sheridan as a director though.

Hope he works with Denis Villeneuve again sometime soon.

and weren't they near the peak of the mountain? Probably 13k feet or something.

I also thought he was gonna feed him to the mountain lions
Yeah ...i wouldve preferred if he put that marlin to his chest lol

I should give this a rewatch. TBH I didn’t like it when I watched it. I’ve liked his other movies a lot too.

I don’t know exactly what turned me off, but maybe I thought there was something weird about the trope of a white guy throwing out all these aphorisms to these native on their reservation.

I don’t know. I’m not a wokester, I enjoy racial humor, I’m partial to racist humor behind closed doors, all that jazz, but in this case I felt like something was off cinematically.

What a sad excellent film. Shocked at how good it is and how even the small part players were top notch too.
9/10

You should definitely watch it.

Good movie. It was amazing until the shootout scene where the female cop gets shot and flies back 30 feet Loony Tunes style.

Each time I watch the movie I notice inaccuracies. Odd, the Tribal police or whatever you would call them allow the body to just sit there by itself (and it definitely was by itself for a while) for a bird, animal, or human to tamper with evidence, send in anyone to set a perimeter. And the whole it's federal property thing was so overplayed to where it was unbelievable. I can't imagine security officers very easily setting a trap the way they did, one FBI agent included, once they drew the weapons it became a little too obvious. Even the dopiest cops would see the trap coming. A lay-up in basketball

That one cop who notices the flanking was a badass.
Such a good movie, think I'll watch it again tonight. Thanks OP

Always felt the security being in on it thing was too obvious and I saw it coming from a mile away. Then those guards setting the trap for a standard cop was even noticeable, but an FBI agent too?

Last edited:
I should give this a rewatch. TBH I didn’t like it when I watched it. I’ve liked his other movies a lot too.

I don’t know exactly what turned me off, but maybe I thought there was something weird about the trope of a white guy throwing out all these aphorisms to these native on their reservation.

I don’t know. I’m not a wokester, I enjoy racial humor, I’m partial to racist humor behind closed doors, all that jazz, but in this case I felt like something was off cinematically.

It's one of those movies that starts off great, peaks somewhere in the beginning. Definitely sinks in the second half

Never felt the security's motive matched up or made any sense to why they randomly just killed two people. Possible yes, however anything is possible. I for one as a person believed Sicario was technically better and sharper.

Reactions: JSN
Back