Wind river is on Netflix

I have to talk myself out of buying that lever action Marlin every time

wind-river-banner__64037.original.jpg

I have to talk myself out of buying that lever action Marlin every time

wind-river-banner__64037.original.jpg

Bought it, love it. SBL 45-75 for the win. Kind of a waste at the range but my favourite gun for in the bush

Although I'm a little peeved I bought it before the purchase by ruger. Really would love to see what they do with their version of the 1895

Last edited:
Bought it, love it. SBL 45-75 for the win. Kind of a waste at the range but my favourite gun for in the bush

Although I'm a little peeved I bought it before the purchase by ruger. Really would love to see what they do with their version of the 1895
I'm no groundhog expert but I found it odd that he's so accurate at long distance with such a short barrel. Is barrel length not really that important anymore?

I'm no groundhog expert but I found it odd that he's so accurate at long distance with such a short barrel. Is barrel length not really that important anymore?

What's long distance to you? Range wise I shoot 300-gr. Pg rounds with a leupold vx-II 1-4x20 scope and I get solid grouping at 100yrd

What's long distance to you? Range wise I shoot 300-gr. Pg rounds with a leupold vx-II 1-4x20 scope and I get solid grouping at 100yrd
I don't know. Just felt like in the movie he was always super far away, but maybe it was only a 100 yards.

I don't know. Just felt like in the movie he was always super far away, but maybe it was only a 100 yards.

Depends on the ammo grain and scope he used too. When he's loading his brass earlier the movie it looks like he is firing big loads (that's what she said). But yeah I have no idea how far he is away. More than anything is ability to reload and reset firing high grain 45-70 that quickly seems to be suspect but not egregious

Godless, mini series also a forgotten gem on netflix

Thats the kind of movie you watch and you wish you had the talent to make it yourself.

Wind River
Hell or High Water
Sicario

Were all written by Taylor Sheridan. Some of the best films from the 2010s.
I would put Wind River 3RD in that group.

HOHW for the Commammnche/ Ben Foster scene alone and Sicario for me are well above this.

Wind River was good but IMO very mis casted. Didn't like Renner or Liz Olson in the 2 lead roles. 1. I kept waiting for them to break out dressed as Hawkeye n Wanda an 2. Olsen at least seemed like a dumb choice for role. If they wanted 2 Avengers ScarJo and Ruffalo would have been better.

The only thing I hated about wind river was the end. The dude should've lived way longer but gets what 200m away keels over and dies, just doesn't happen that way. Other than that a great great movie.

Back