Wind overhand punches?

How do you feel about them? QUOTE]

You don't really need them in MMA. I could see how they could be usefull when using 10-14 oz. gloves but other wise, it's usually a no-no in the cage.

Don't tell that to Team Quest (among others). They work them into their wrestling with maddening skill.

Yeah, Fedor would disagree with that statement as well.

Sigh.

So, overhand rights and right hooks are good counters to a jab? You better be damn careful throwing rear hand hooks from a distance.

If someone is jabbing, you can jab with them, you can try and time a straight right hand over the top of his jab, you can even counter with a left hook. All of these are better options than throwing a rear hand hook from range.

Yeah, you are right on. Why would someone counter a jab with a rear hand hook to the head? That is sloppy.

The best defense against someone who jabs a lot is to catch the jab with the right hand and jab back, or throw the left hook. If you slip the jab you can step in and throw the rear hook to the body. But throwing looping punches from outside is dangerous.

overhands are great for mma. In fact, I think they are better for mma. They are harder to block with the small gloves. They are also much easier to set up.

In boxing you don't see them as much. Especially at the high level. With those big gloves they are much easier to defend. And with no takedowns to worry about, they are much easier to see coming.

the most important parrt for overhead pucnh is the placement of your head

tommy hearns vs roberto duran was a sneaky over hand

Can you elaborate?

the punch comes into the direction after your head.

after i jab, i have to slide my head in then come in with the punch.

i think it was actually the 4th punch ive ever learned when i first when to boxing

Back