Win or lose, Jacare doesnt deserve title shot

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PlatinumColbyCovington, Apr 27, 2019.

1. PlatinumColbyCovington

PlatinumColbyCovington Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Time for Dana to break another promise, but for good reason this time

2. Schoolboy Q

Schoolboy Q Silver Belt

He never deserved one, dude choked in every title eliminator and choked against a non contender lol

3. Nabs

Nabs Purple Belt

Jacare only won 1 rd. Hermansson def came up. I initially want him to fight The Chris but he's got bigger and better things ahead of him now. Maybe Gastelum or Romero if he's not fighting Costa next.

4. Thad Castle v2

Thad Castle v2 Brown Belt

my thoughts exactly. if Jacare wanted that title shot he should have won his other fights.

ventrue likes this.
  5. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Absolutely! I was so excited to see Jacare get the shot but he fought a very bad fight tonight. I am shocked at that performance, just disappointing. The guy looks great vs the best of the best in Wediman, Mousasi etc....even a super close fight with Romero. And then puts up a performance like this vs Hermanson? I don't know what to say.

Anyways.....Hermanson vs Weidman would be cool!

ForemanFan likes this.
  6. Shoot Boxe Hero

Shoot Boxe Hero We are Rizin!

Yep, that was a shit performance and I'm a huge Jacare fan. He spent so much time in that fight doing nothing. Never even tried for a takedown other than those judo throws in the clinch. Like WTF at least shoot for a takedown if you're not going to throw any strikes. Has a big round 3 and then does nothing in round 4, spends half round 5 doing nothing. Did Jacare just forget how good his ground game is? Seems all he does is try to get a KO winging big shots now

7. C0NCH3TO

C0NCH3TO Gold Belt

Dude is a 39 year old man with more than 30 matches coming from 2003. If he was a car he would be a 300k mile 96 civic. He is old.... what did people expect? I never thought he would get a shot or win the belt. In this usada era is nearly impossible for a man like him to stay on top. And NO .... Romero and Dc are different..... they picked up mma in 2009 and dont have that amount of mileage.

ForemanFan likes this.
  8. IRENICUS

IRENICUS Purple Belt

He arguably won vs Romero or at least a draw. Vs Gastelum it was also a coinflip.
    He got unlucky in both but here he got beat cleanly.
    I'd give a lot of credit to Hermansson and not just put it on Jacare being old

lolxor likes this.