Win or Lose. I think Cerrone retires after this one.

BullyKutta

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Could be wrong, but it's a gut-feeling I've got.

I think he calls it a day and rides into the Hall of Fame.

I got a gut feeling that he loads up on Budweiser and challenges Jones for the LHW strap could be wrong but it’s a gut feeling I got

He won’t retire yet, he likes getting paid to beat lower tier guys and then lose to the top tier

Well judging by his wiki...

Cerrone is scheduled to face Conor McGregor on January 18, 2020 at UFC 246 in a welterweight bout. [133] Prior to the bout, Cerrone signed a new, seven-fight contract with the UFC.[134]

So no, he likes fighting too much to quit unless forced too.

not while there are more journeys for this man to take and gates to be kept

He said in the press conference he's basically going to keep fighting until the UFC tells him to stop. He loves it.

It's possible, since he's Daddy Cerrone now and he got plenty of moolah after this fight. But if he beats Conor, then we might have an interesting scenario.

I think the chances of that are extremely slim unless he has a serious medical or personal issue.

Yeah, no. He seemed to get a little persnickety when reporters were asking him questions about retiring. That makes me think he really wants to continue with his career. That being said, he got destroyed by Ferg, - if Conor just mauls him - maybe he'll reflect a bit. I hope he continues, though.

Jarl

If he wins there's NO WAY he retires as it'll be an immediate rematch and another pile of money for Cowboy.
I doubt he retires if he loses either but it's more likely.

Nah, the Cowboy isn't stopping any time soon. He'll keep fighting until they won't let him fight anymore.

upload_2020-1-15_22-29-7.png

It’d be the wise decision, but naw he’ll keep fighting till he’s getting KO’d against Guys who couldn’t touch him in his prime.

Tis the way of the MMA :(

I don't think so, especially not if he wins... why shouldn't he not give Conor a rematch and earn the biggest payday of his life??

Not happening.
He just signed a new fight contract with the the UFC.

Agreed and I'm glad he's finally getting his huge payday. Cowboy deserves it.

And, wouldn't it be great if he won? ;)

yeah would fit right in alongside Matt Serra and Forrest Griffin. UFC Hall of Fame as credible as Ronda's reign.

This guy will fight until he is Romero or Silva old.
He has 7 years in him left.

He'll stick around for a few more after a nice long vacation, he strikes as the type of guy who wont know when to hang it up.

yeah would fit right in alongside Matt Serra and Forrest Griffin. UFC Hall of Fame as credible as Ronda's reign.

FWIW cowboy holds a fickton of UFC records iirc, as deserving as any non champ fighter in the hof. Not like it has stringent expectations anyways

Back