Win/Lose vs Silva - What do you see next for Diaz?

the bigger the cheque from his last fight...the longer Nick will take off to his next fight.

win or lose, if this fight with Anderson sells like it should, you should not expect to see Nick fight again until at least mid 2016. He has a whole bunch of weed and money he has to burn through first.

One possibility should he win would actually be a title shot at MW. With Jacare/Romero delayed and Machida/Rockhold not for another couple of months there could be a window for Diaz, especially as the MW division has arguably become the money division in the UFC today.

I would hate to see Diaz fight Lombard. Diaz would use his reach so Lombard would end up laying on him the whole fight

Really? Diaz would use his reach and smother Lombard while Lombard would use his judo to throw Diaz around. Lombard would also have the speed advantage and may tag Diaz with a few power hits. In the end, I do see Diaz overwhelming Lombard, especially in the later rounds.

This has fight of the year potential in my opinion.

And since when does Lombard L'n'P?

Last edited:
One possibility should he win would actually be a title shot at MW. With Jacare/Romero delayed and Machida/Rockhold not for another couple of months there could be a window for Diaz, especially as the MW division has arguably become the money division in the UFC today.

As a Diaz fan I hope this isn't the route he goes and I don't think he will. Pretty sure he is only fighting at MW for this because its such a huge fight and like he said he cannot ask Anderson to come down to fight him

I see him having a chance at beating Lawler but not Weidman

As a Diaz fan I hope this isn't the route he goes and I don't think he will. Pretty sure he is only fighting at MW for this because its such a huge fight and like he said he cannot ask Anderson to come down to fight him

I see him having a chance at beating Lawler but not Weidman

At MW I see Diaz beating Machida (albeit slightly far fetched), but, yeah, against Weidman I see him getting mauled to oblivion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back