Win/Lose vs Silva - What do you see next for Diaz?

Barry Lyndon

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
With a loss.

I'll be rooting for Diaz, but if I had to put my money on the line it would be for Silva getting the W.

That being said, here are the fights I could see happening if he loses:

• Another hiatus - This will be the most likely fight to make and he will smoke his opponent. Literally.

• Carlos Condit - Yes, I'm aware he's already declined the last time Condit asked for the rematch, but I feel like with Lawler now as the Champion it could refuel his fire to get the belt since he's already beaten him. I also think that if he beats Condit Dana and Co. will find a way to make Lawler vs Diaz II happen (granted Lawler wins his next fight).

• Matt Brown - If he loses to Hendricks, and I feel like he will be getting wrestlefucked to a UD by Big Rig, this fight would be ridiculously fun. Granted The Immortal is probably not a big enough name for Diaz to agree to fight, but again he may be pumped to get to Lawler.

• Hector Lombard - If he loses to Rory, and I feel like this will indeed be the case, this fight could be very interesting. Granted Lombard is also probably not a big enough name for Diaz to agree to fight, but again he may be pumped to get to Lawler.

With a win.

Sherdog will implode.

Then again, nobody really knows what shape Silva will be in coming into the fight...

That being said, here are the fights I could see happening:

• Robbie Lawler - Not sure if I missed any recent news about Lawler's next opponent, but as far as I'm aware he has no one at the moment. I could easily see the UFC marketing machine praying for this to occur and in case you weren't aware, Diaz KO-ed Lawler in their first bout. Lawler would also embrace this opportunity with open arms.

• Lyoto Machida: Why not? Would be awesome and he's the biggest name I mentioned so far.

Let me know your thoughts and who you hope is next for Diaz - win/lose. And because this is sherdog, if you feel I'm off on my predictions, please don't have a meltdown or seizure, just take a deep breath and calmly explain why you think this way.

Cheers.

Last edited:
If Anderson loses, he should never fight again.

If Diaz wins, he should angle for a fight with Condit again.

Wish nick would stop bein such a dick and get back to contending in his own weight class.

There's so many interesting fights... Rory, woodley, gastelum, Hendricks, lawler, the list keeps going.

a big blunt is instore for diaz

I was going to say he's in store for a failed drug test either win or lose. I see him beating a clearly out of the game Anderson, then do what he usually does, act like a 3rd grader and not fight again until the UFC ponys up that cash.

Assuming he return to welterweight and does in fact fight again in 2015, the loser of MacDonald/Lombard, Matt Brown, Dong Hyun Kim. Several Top 10 guys for him to face.

Please Matt Brown

th

unless he gets popped for weed again I could see him fighting again in 2015, probably Lombard if he loses to Rory or Brown if he loses to Hendrix.

With win: Fight Lawler for the belt

With loss: There will still be a big fight out there at some point down the road. Maybe GSP wants a tune up fight.

It's gotta be another big name fight that Nick will be taking. I don't see him having the motivation fighting to get in line with division contenders. Maybe he'll insist to have a rematch with Lawler for the belt, win or lose vs Andy, who knows?

With win: Fight Lawler for the belt

With loss: There will still be a big fight out there at some point down the road. Maybe GSP wants a tune up fight.

spot on!

I actually wouldn't want to see a rematch with GSP. I also wouldn't want to see him up against Hendricks either. He would get wrestlefucked by both of them.

However, Diaz vs a wrestler like Woodley sounds like fun.

I would hate to see Diaz fight Lombard. Diaz would use his reach so Lombard would end up laying on him the whole fight

I would be pretty excited for any ome of those 3 you mentioned. And if he were to win any of those i could see them setting up a title fight.

Diaz is one of those funny fighters in which I don't really care who he faces next, I just want to see him fight. Every potential match up in this thread sounds intriguing for some reason.

Him bitching about money and taking a year long holiday before he gets another fight he doesn't deserve. Diaz 420 4 lyf duuuuuude.

If Anderson loses, he should never fight again.

If Diaz wins, he should angle for a fight with Condit again.

If he wins I am fairly confident he could get a title shot if he called out Robbie after the fight

diaz loses- another retirement
diaz wins- dana will fall in love with him and give him the ts

Back