Win/Lose vs Silva - What do you see next for Diaz?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Barry Lyndon, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Barry Lyndon

Barry Lyndon Green Belt

With a loss.

I'll be rooting for Diaz, but if I had to put my money on the line it would be for Silva getting the W.

That being said, here are the fights I could see happening if he loses:

• Another hiatus - This will be the most likely fight to make and he will smoke his opponent. Literally.

• Carlos Condit - Yes, I'm aware he's already declined the last time Condit asked for the rematch, but I feel like with Lawler now as the Champion it could refuel his fire to get the belt since he's already beaten him. I also think that if he beats Condit Dana and Co. will find a way to make Lawler vs Diaz II happen (granted Lawler wins his next fight).

• Matt Brown - If he loses to Hendricks, and I feel like he will be getting wrestlefucked to a UD by Big Rig, this fight would be ridiculously fun. Granted The Immortal is probably not a big enough name for Diaz to agree to fight, but again he may be pumped to get to Lawler.

• Hector Lombard - If he loses to Rory, and I feel like this will indeed be the case, this fight could be very interesting. Granted Lombard is also probably not a big enough name for Diaz to agree to fight, but again he may be pumped to get to Lawler.

With a win.

Sherdog will implode.

Then again, nobody really knows what shape Silva will be in coming into the fight...

That being said, here are the fights I could see happening:

• Robbie Lawler - Not sure if I missed any recent news about Lawler's next opponent, but as far as I'm aware he has no one at the moment. I could easily see the UFC marketing machine praying for this to occur and in case you weren't aware, Diaz KO-ed Lawler in their first bout. Lawler would also embrace this opportunity with open arms.

• Lyoto Machida: Why not? Would be awesome and he's the biggest name I mentioned so far.

Let me know your thoughts and who you hope is next for Diaz - win/lose. And because this is sherdog, if you feel I'm off on my predictions, please don't have a meltdown or seizure, just take a deep breath and calmly explain why you think this way.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

If Anderson loses, he should never fight again.

If Diaz wins, he should angle for a fight with Condit again.

3. JWtheKarateKid

JWtheKarateKid Orange Belt

a big blunt is instore for diaz

4. SideKickPro24

SideKickPro24 Blue Belt

Wish nick would stop bein such a dick and get back to contending in his own weight class.

There's so many interesting fights... Rory, woodley, gastelum, Hendricks, lawler, the list keeps going.

5. Kyle Johnson

Kyle Johnson Amateur Fighter

I was going to say he's in store for a failed drug test either win or lose. I see him beating a clearly out of the game Anderson, then do what he usually does, act like a 3rd grader and not fight again until the UFC ponys up that cash.

6. toe hold

toe hold Brown Belt

Assuming he return to welterweight and does in fact fight again in 2015, the loser of MacDonald/Lombard, Matt Brown, Dong Hyun Kim. Several Top 10 guys for him to face.

7. MikeyCanFly

MikeyCanFly Sherbro 4 Life

Please Matt Brown

[​IMG]

8. cumafish

cumafish Silver Belt

unless he gets popped for weed again I could see him fighting again in 2015, probably Lombard if he loses to Rory or Brown if he loses to Hendrix.

9. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

With win: Fight Lawler for the belt

With loss: There will still be a big fight out there at some point down the road. Maybe GSP wants a tune up fight.

10. giovanni002

giovanni002 Silver Belt

It's gotta be another big name fight that Nick will be taking. I don't see him having the motivation fighting to get in line with division contenders. Maybe he'll insist to have a rematch with Lawler for the belt, win or lose vs Andy, who knows?

11. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

Diaz Vs Tarec would be fun.

12. Szwok

Szwok Brown Belt

spot on!

13. Barry Lyndon

Barry Lyndon Green Belt

I actually wouldn't want to see a rematch with GSP. I also wouldn't want to see him up against Hendricks either. He would get wrestlefucked by both of them.

However, Diaz vs a wrestler like Woodley sounds like fun.

14. MMAProfessional

MMAProfessional Golden Belt

I would hate to see Diaz fight Lombard. Diaz would use his reach so Lombard would end up laying on him the whole fight

15. IMDIYM

IMDIYM Brown Belt

I would be pretty excited for any ome of those 3 you mentioned. And if he were to win any of those i could see them setting up a title fight.

16. LikeItIs

LikeItIs Red Belt

Diaz is one of those funny fighters in which I don't really care who he faces next, I just want to see him fight. Every potential match up in this thread sounds intriguing for some reason.

17. Double Leg

Double Leg Brown Belt

Him bitching about money and taking a year long holiday before he gets another fight he doesn't deserve. Diaz 420 4 lyf duuuuuude.

18. trblesome1

trblesome1 Silver Belt

If he wins I am fairly confident he could get a title shot if he called out Robbie after the fight

19. Defender

Defender Blue Belt

I'm gonna kind of step out on a limb here.....but I'm saying this is definitely going to happen, win, lose or draw.

20. lockon

lockon Black Belt

diaz loses- another retirement
    diaz wins- dana will fall in love with him and give him the ts