Wilson Reis vs Rafael Formiga WOW

StevieSparkZ

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
YouTube - NJGC 2/09/08 wilson vs. rafael

This match is awesome simply because of the use of half guard/deep half guard/butterfly guard in it. Pretty much Zankou and Aesopian's game for the half and very good busy control/balance for the passes by Wilson Reis. Both these guys are great and I thought it was quite a coincidence for me to find it after reading up on so much half guard.

good fight.

edit : did Wilson got points for mount position?

I was the Ref, so whatever call I made was correct!

good find man!
I love playing the half guard/butterfly so watching this was awesome

christ..Wilson is quick..

Wilson is one of those guys who is super talented, but also the most genuine and nice dude you'll ever meet

fun to watch...a guy like wilson would suck to deal with once you got tired...all that flying shit...

rafael had some pretty good recovery shit going on...he was able to get butterfly and half guard a lot.

wilson reis is always exciting to watch, win or lose. he always pushes the pace.

I like that move at 5:35 - I get caught there a lot and I pass the same way but I never thought to high leg over to the other side.

Hmmm Im gonna play with it.

I think Wilson is going to enjoy a very lustrous career in MMA. His style of grappling is perfect for the sport.

Not sure, that was close. He got 3 for the pass for sure. Not sure If I gave the points for the mount or not, I am going to say not.

That was a fast paced match and Formiga has one of the best guards in the game

Not sure, that was close. He got 3 for the pass for sure. Not sure If I gave the points for the mount or not, I am going to say not.

That was a fast paced match and Formiga has one of the best guards in the game

Yeah true, was wondering if you or anyone knew how rafael could've finished those deep half guard sweeps he had?

That's a coin toss between Jacare and Reis. BJJers that push the pace are perfect for MMA.

Back