Television WILLOW TV Series (Cancelled After One Season)

I googled the actor last week cuz I was curious and apparently he killed himself awhile back. :(

It also seems like the writing is just getting worse as the show goes on which is impressive.
I actually feel like the writing is getting better. Episode 1 had me rolling my eyes with the writing a few times.

Why have they NOT learned to go ALL OUT on the first episode? If people are indifferent about the first episode, it's practically OVER.
I think that says more about the audience than the product. You didnt used to need to go all out in the first episode to be deemed a watchable SERIES.
This 'NOW!!!!' generation is the bigger issue. Every story shouldnt have to start with fireworks when it is a medium that has a long game. Putting everything into a first or last episode would end up hurting the quality of stories overall. It will just be studios trying to get the easy fan service with big booms and bangs.

I googled the actor last week cuz I was curious and apparently he killed himself awhile back. :(

It also seems like the writing is just getting worse as the show goes on which is impressive.
Noooooooooooooooo!

He hung himself in 2010 <KhabibBS>

This series is barely about willow it is about two lesbians wtf. warwick davis is really phonening it in too.

This series is barely about willow it is about two lesbians wtf. warwick davis is really phonening it in too.
The lesbians have spent half the show at odds with each other so far because the princess is a selfish dick. So far the show has mostly been about the whole party pretty spread out. Willow is getting the least backstory of them all sadly, I hope they step up their game and push Willow more into the lead role and less in the Gandalf Fellowship of the Ring role.

The two lesbians who are supporting characters?

*phoning

What is this from? Is it a spin off from a well known franchise?
Its from the movie willow although from watching this show now one would be able to tell it barely has any resemblance to the movie.

Got caught up to Ep4 and didn't feel it was particularly better. The Boorman keeps trying to steal the show.

Also noticed that one episode said the word shit maybe 4x. I guess Disney downgraded the word shit to a not bad word.

Last edited:
This could of really worked. I loved the movie n there was an interesting world there. The writing is terrible n the production maybe worse. But at least they made sure to focus on the gay stuff.
At least, at the expense of truth and creativity and skill, they damn well better make sure that inclusion is given front and centre attention. You know, because I gave a shit that Ripley was a woman in Alien....no....great writing first, then compelling character can naturally develop. And what a character. One of my favourite Sci fi characters.

S

Just finished episode 4. I like it. It’s far better than the Amazon trash. It’s less “woke” than the Witcher and the writing etc is about on par with season 1 Witcher, it just lacks Cavill level star power and acting. It’s not as good as the movie, but nobody in their right mind would be expecting that.

Still bad writing.

I'm worried we are comparing mediocre writing of today against its contemporary trash , thinking its the differences between Shakespeare and Jughead.

Caught up with last night's episode. The dialogue is so crappy and cringey, so is the choice of music. Feels like Disney gets the cheapest rookies to do TV shows. The title should be Mighty Lesbians, not Willow.

Okay, episode 5 sucked. Worst episode of the show so far. The episode director Phillipa Lowthorne and possibly the episode lead writer Hannah Friedman as well should not be writing and directing episodes together. This one was worse than most of the WOT and ROP episodes. I really hope the show finds its footing because that last one is not the direction the show needs to be going in. It felt like CW show.

Okay, episode 5 sucked. Worst episode of the show so far. The episode director Phillipa Lowthorne and possibly the episode lead writer Hannah Friedman as well should not be writing and directing episodes together. This one was worse than most of the WOT and ROP episodes. I really hope the show finds its footing because that last one is not the direction the show needs to be going in. It felt like CW show.
Yeah, this episode was atrocious. Episode 4 seemed like it might be making a promising turnaround, but wow - worst one yet.

I'm trying to give this show a chance and it has its moments, but what the FUCK is with the terrible modern music?? It was bad enough at the very end of the episode, but right at the start over an otherwise serviceable scene? This show needs a loving and dedicated editor to make it better.

Humble prediction: At some point early next year some nerd will make a fan edit and it will actually be pretty good.

I really don’t understand this show. It’s tone swings so wildly back and forth in an episode. One moment it is slapstick absurdity the next it’s serious and people are facing death.

The costume and design for the villains is great but then many of the other characters look cheap or the clothes look modern.

As others have said the music director needs to be sacrificed to the gods or something cause the music is the absolute worst part of the whole thing

I really don’t understand this show. It’s tone swings so wildly back and forth in an episode. One moment it is slapstick absurdity the next it’s serious and people are facing death.

The costume and design for the villains is great but then many of the other characters look cheap or the clothes look modern.

As others have said the music director needs to be sacrificed to the gods or something cause the music is the absolute worst part of the whole thing
Even worse is the movie had an amazing soundtrack by James Horner. Fantastic.

Wait. What? Did they finally make woke garbage shitty enough for even you to hate it?!?
It doesn't have to be woke to be shitty, you do realize that right. It was a garbage episode, and it had nothing to do with being woke. You guys overuse that so much it is starting to not even have meaning now.

Back