Television WILLOW TV Series (Cancelled After One Season)

If there is one thing Christian Slater proved is how much an actual actor with star power and charisma is needed. His banter with the other actors really brought them out imo. His exchanges with Willow felt like it was the only time Willow had good back and forth exchanges that didn't feel... just slightly off. Val Kilmer and Warwick Davis chemistry was a huge factor in the original movie, and nobody has good chemistry in this show. Boorman and freckles for example have passable chemistry at best. And there is no person with the charisma star factor that can carry the weight. They could really have used Slater as a major character from the beginning. Anyone else feel that way?

Did anyone else see episode 7?

It's so predictable. I think the only thing that's going to save this series is a graphic love scene between Elora & Kit
Yeah. It kills me how CW this show is. The young characters talking like modern teenagers is really annoying. I'm waiting for one them to take a damn selfie or do a stupid tiktok dance in the show. Has one said "dude" yet? The showrunners are idiots. You can appeal to a younger audience without injecting modern highschool personalities into your characters.

Did anyone else see episode 6?

Holy shit, whyyyyy did they change the Trolls so much? I'm halfway into the episode now.

Saw it somewhere else but someone said they sounded like they were gonna sell the characters car insurance or something.

Their tone and speech was just so far out there

So it's the finale next week.

I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with how this show turned out. It's ok, entertaining at times. Very attractive cast. Very bizarre music and editing choices. Weird anachronistic dialogue. Even if the finale is the best episode yet, it's still a bit of a letdown.

So it's the finale next week.

I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with how this show turned out. It's ok, entertaining at times. Very attractive cast. Very bizarre music and editing choices. Weird anachronistic dialogue. Even if the finale is the best episode yet, it's still a bit of a letdown.
Yeah, the music is killing it for me, more than anything else. It's really bad considering the music in the Willow movie was awesome.

Yeah, the music is killing it for me, more than anything else. It's really bad considering the music in the Willow movie was awesome.
Honestly, they should have just used like 90% of the Horner track from the movie. Would have been a lot better.

Did anyone else see the season finale? Someone make it make sense to me. This whole series was such a let down.

Elora is in hell and she's going to battle everything ever killed?

Did anyone else see the season finale? Someone make it make sense to me. This whole series was such a let down.

The finale was very anti climatic
The show was good then fell off the last few episodes imo overall it was very meh would not watch again

I thought the finale was okay. Felt like special effects were better in it. Overall a pretty disappointing, uneven show.

Some part were good, some parts were bad. The music was consistently distracting and weird.

Like I said before, it needs a fan edit to make it actually good.

The stupid modern songs at the end were the worst part. I like Dire Straits, but to go from high fantasy to Money For Nothing is weird and I hate it.

All that said, I enjoyed the good parts well enough that I will probably watch the second season. Elora Danan is a goddamn smoke show too, which helps.

I was pleasantly surprised by Tony Revolori. Initially I was skeptical but to me he was the best actor of the younger cast.

I liked the show most of the time but I agree with ares black on the music choices, it felt really out of place. As for the ending it wasn’t great and I was expecting a certain someone who didn’t appear like I wanted but overall it could have been better. Hopefully the second season will be a little better paced

I thought the finale was okay. Felt like special effects were better in it. Overall a pretty disappointing, uneven show.

Some part were good, some parts were bad. The music was consistently distracting and weird.

Like I said before, it needs a fan edit to make it actually good.

The stupid modern songs at the end were the worst part. I like Dire Straits, but to go from high fantasy to Money For Nothing is weird and I hate it.

All that said, I enjoyed the good parts well enough that I will probably watch the second season. Elora Danan is a goddamn smoke show too, which helps.

I was pleasantly surprised by Tony Revolori. Initially I was skeptical but to me he was the best actor of the younger cast.
Agreed, Elora is a smoke show, I thought Kit was hot too and Tony is a good actor. I'll watch it IF there's a season two but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't. One thing I did think was cool was how they showed that 2 headed monster from the movie.

No, the Elora that Grayden sees at the end is the form that the Worm is using to manipulate him into joining that side. Just like how when Kitt and Elora went through the ether to see her fake version of her mother on the other side, trying to convince them to join "the dark side".

I'm enjoying it. I like the hammy banter and sound track is pretty unique. It's doing its own thing.

I was never really a Willow fan. I always thought of it as a filler movie until Lord of the Rings came out

I liked the show most of the time but I agree with ares black on the music choices, it felt really out of place. As for the ending it wasn’t great and I was expecting a certain someone who didn’t appear like I wanted but overall it could have been better. Hopefully the second season will be a little better paced

Madmartigan / Val Kilmer? Yeah, knowing his whole throat cancer thing, I figured he would never make an appearance. I am not even entirely sure he provided his voice for any of the episodes. But the connection with Kitt in the end and the passing of the torch to her, has me convinced they officially killed his character.

I think the show could have pulled off the modern music, if there was some connection to a modern real Earth dimension. Like, Elora could have been hidden there for a bit before finding her way back to the realm in Terasleen. (sp.?)

If anyone watched The Magicians on SyFy, that show did a great job of mixing modern with fantasy. I loved that show and Willow felt like it was trying to capture the same vibe, but fell very short of it. Disney needs to find the production team for The Magicians, and have them take over the Willow series.

Last edited:
No, the Elora that Grayden sees at the end is the form that the Worm is using to manipulate him into joining that side. Just like how when Kitt and Elora went through the ether to see her fake version of her mother on the other side, trying to convince them to join "the dark side".
That's what I got from that scene too.

Back