Willie Monroe Wants Showdown With Jermall Charlo

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Aug 26, 2018.

1. MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

"After that I was out of the ring for an entire year before I got the title shot against Billy Joe Saunders. So there have been a few ups and downs in my past few fights, and when you’re not being kept busy, you can fall through the cracks. But I feel very fortunate to be in the position I’m in, now."

Now Monroe would like to get in position for a big fight - and one of the targets at the top of his list is WBC mandatory challenger Jermall Charlo (27-0, 21 KOs).

"I was hoping I could be up for the IBF belt since Golovkin’s vacated it, but you have [Ryota Murata] or Jermall Charlo. Since Charlo and I have the same management, I know that’s a fight that can be made to happen," Monroe said.

https://www.boxingscene.com/willie-monroe-wants-showdown-with-jermall-charlo--131262

2. City_Lights Brown Belt

Bold callout for him. I didn't catch the fight he just had but I don't think he can take Charlo.

3. jm0b Puncher of Holes

Am I being harsh if I say I've never thought of Willie as being any good? He looks so one dimensional and stiff in fights without any Interesting attributes.