William Knight

Hannibal Lector

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
179BF556-E0B7-418A-B5ED-E6B3D752DB13.jpeg The guys a powerhouse. Probably one of the strongest fighters and benchers to fight in the UFC. Or at least during the USADA era. I’m sure he couldn’t get anywhere near that now. And honestly I have yet to see the source where he does it.

Regardless I think he probably has one of the highest (it not the highest) ffmi on the roster right now. Which in its self is pretty impressive.

View attachment 875446 The guys a powerhouse. Probably one of the strongest fighters and benchers to fight in the UFC. Or at least during the USADA era. I’m sure he couldn’t get anywhere near that now. And honestly I have yet to see the source where he does it.

Regardless I think he probably has one of the highest (it not the highest) ffmi on the roster right now. Which in its self is pretty impressive.
I’m from New England and never heard of that dude.

And he got absolutely ragdolled against Da Un Jung.

Went get some supper with the fam last night and they had ESPN on. Glanced up and you couldn't not notice that fire hydrant of muscle. Then the other guy died in 1 punch
If you can call it a punch, it was more like a clothesline lol. Freakish power though

47 reps of 225lb bench?

That's impressive, but how does that help with MMA? Dude is too short for LHW.

47 reps of 225lb bench?

That's impressive, but how does that help with MMA? Dude is too short for LHW.

Let's be real here - he's 3-1 in the UFC if you count the Contender's Series fight. I'd say he's doing just fine compared to most who try to "make it" in MMA. Cormier is 5'11" and fought at HW as well. I don't think it's his height that will hold him back, it's his wrestling.

Let's be real here - he's 3-1 in the UFC if you count the Contender's Series fight. I'd say he's doing just fine compared to most who try to "make it" in MMA. Cormier is 5'11" and fought at HW as well. I don't think it's his height that will hold him back, it's his wrestling.
DC was a olympic level wrestler with great pressure and fight IQ. He was one of a kind, the only other similar statured top fighter being Fedor. I wouldn't compare an olympic level fighter like DC with William Knight. And even DC has 1-2 inches on Knight.

It's not that Knight can't be ok at LHW, it's just that I don't think he can make it to the top 5. He kinda reminds me of younger Cannonier in a way, and I think just like Jared, William should cut down to MW. I can see Knight being quite the force at MW.

DC was a olympic level wrestler with great pressure and fight IQ. He was one of a kind, the only other similar statured top fighter being Fedor. I wouldn't compare an olympic level fighter like DC with William Knight. And even DC has 1-2 inches on Knight.

It's not that Knight can't be ok at LHW, it's just that I don't think he can make it to the top 5. He kinda reminds me of younger Cannonier in a way, and I think just like Jared, William should cut down to MW. I can see Knight being quite the force at MW.

I get your point, but I guess the point I'm trying to make goes along with the point of this guys thread. You've obviously watched him fight several times. He has deficiencies in probably every area of MMA. He's only been training since 2015 starting in his later 20's which is typically harder to pick up than a younger person. His strength and athletic abilities are exactly why he made it to the UFC and has had success there. He's already had a POTN. I'd keep doing what he is doing if I were him. You're right, he's likely not going to be top 5, but realistically his goal should be to keep a tenure in the UFC until he retires and earn some money.

I get your point, but I guess the point I'm trying to make goes along with the point of this guys thread. You've obviously watched him fight several times. He has deficiencies in probably every area of MMA. He's only been training since 2015 starting in his later 20's which is typically harder to pick up than a younger person. His strength and athletic abilities are exactly why he made it to the UFC and has had success there. He's already had a POTN. I'd keep doing what he is doing if I were him. You're right, he's likely not going to be top 5, but realistically his goal should be to keep a tenure in the UFC until he retires and earn some money.
Agreed, but imo his best bet is to cut to MW and just dominate there. He's big and strong enough to manhandle a lot of them imo. and I think he can make it to MW though he will lose a bit of mass (which would help his gas tank and speed, and he would still be stronger than pretty much any MW).
I can see him as top 10 in MW, similar to Jared. Which means Main event opportunities and more money. Even maybe a title shot if he is better than I think. I don't see that case at LHW.

Agreed, but imo his best bet is to cut to MW and just dominate there. He's big and strong enough to manhandle a lot of them imo. and I think he can make it to MW though he will lose a bit of mass (which would help his gas tank and speed, and he would still be stronger than pretty much any MW).
I can see him as top 10 in MW, similar to Jared. Which means Main event opportunities and more money. Even maybe a title shot if he is better than I think. I don't see that case at LHW.

Hard to tell. I see a lot of deficiencies with him on the ground. But hell, you can say the same thing with Derick Lewis and he makes it work.

Hard to tell. I see a lot of deficiencies with him on the ground. But hell, you can say the same thing with Derick Lewis and he makes it work.
Again, it's not even comparable.

Lewis is a 6'3 265+ human being with almost 80 inch reach. He could never make LHW. And he wouldn't need to given his height and reach

Knight is a 5'10 LHW with 73 inch reach. He can probably make MW if he sacrifices a bit of muscle. For reference, former HW 5'11 with 78 inch reach Jared Cannonier is able to make MW with some discipline, where he now has huge success.
Even with Knight's ground game deficiencies, he should be much more powerful than most MW's. If he continues working on TDD, that combined with his freakish strength will mitigate the risk of him getting subbed.

DC is pretty much the only under 6ft LHW/HW to make it to the top in the UFC, and that's because of his incredible wrestling, which gave him the threat of takedown and enhanced his good boxing ability. Neither Knight nor Cannonier have this, hence it's best for those guys to cut down to more reasonable weightclasses where they don't have such height/reach disadvantages.

Again, it's not even comparable.

Lewis is a 6'3 265+ human being with almost 80 inch reach. He could never make LHW. And he wouldn't need to given his height and reach

Knight is a 5'10 LHW with 73 inch reach. He can probably make MW if he sacrifices a bit of muscle. For reference, former HW 5'11 with 78 inch reach Jared Cannonier is able to make MW with some discipline, where he now has huge success.
Even with Knight's ground game deficiencies, he should be much more powerful than most MW's. If he continues working on TDD, that combined with his freakish strength will mitigate the risk of him getting subbed.

DC is pretty much the only under 6ft LHW/HW to make it to the top in the UFC, and that's because of his incredible wrestling, which gave him the threat of takedown and enhanced his good boxing ability. Neither Knight nor Cannonier have this, hence it's best for those guys to cut down to more reasonable weightclasses where they don't have such height/reach disadvantages.

I largely agree with you, but for the sake of argument, I'd mention Illir Latifi. 5'10", 240lbs 73" reach. Fought a large part of his career at LHW, and when he was done there, he actually moved UP to HW, lol. He's been in the UFC since 2013 and is 8-6 in the UFC, so decent career, but def not spectacular. Also a beast wrestler and pretty strong.

I largely agree with you, but for the sake of argument, I'd mention Illir Latifi. 5'10", 240lbs 73" reach. Fought a large part of his career at LHW, and when he was done there, he actually moved UP to HW, lol. He's been in the UFC since 2013 and is 8-6 in the UFC, so decent career, but def not spectacular. Also a beast wrestler and pretty strong.

Latifi is another case of someone who should have sacrificed a bit of muscle so that he can outpower the Middleweights. Hence why he never reached Title contention.

Latifi did have a ok career, but he could have possibly had an even better career like Jared Cannonier, who is fighting for potential title shots, if Latifi moved down a weightclass. Something Latifi never really got to do at LHW and will likely never get to do at HW.

Back