Will you tell your kids about the GOATs?

Yes, I will hide the fact that some guys who are really good at cage fighting aren't great human beings all around. Kinds can't handle that truth. Lol.

I have two daughters, they have no interest in MMA.

Please do explain why Gus is one of the "true GOATs"
He beat the champ and LHW GOAT (if you're not a delusional JJ nuthugger), has 8 straight wins (if you're not a delusional JJ nuthugger) and the only loss in his career was five years ago (if you're not a delusional JJ nuthugger).

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid.gif

fedor+takedown+herring2.gif

I will tell them about this guy.

Ps.Lol at the ref jumping for witnessing greatness.

Only GOAT besides ones found on the farm worth teaching the kids about.

Truly; ref was mo(i)st excite by that slam. :icon_lol:

He beat the champ and LHW GOAT (if you're not a delusional JJ nuthugger), has 8 straight wins (if you're not a delusional JJ nuthugger) and the only loss in his career was five years ago (if you're not a delusional JJ nuthugger).

Are you serious? 13/14 major mma media sites scored the fight for Bones (http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/4518/Jon-Jones-vs-Alexander-Gustafsson) along with the 3 ringside judges, the only people that scored the fight for Gus are the delusional sherdog fanboys

JonesGustafssonLinFighting-750x400.jpg

but Gus does have wins over all time greats like Hamill, Thiago Silva, and Manuwa :rolleyes:

is this the new trend at sherdog? Reference the GOAT in the title to lure in the faithful only to pretend you are talking about GSP/Anderson/Jones/Fedor? Because I'm seeing way too much of this "joke" lately.

Stop abusing the term GOAT and use it only on the rightful heir so people wont get confused.

Conor bless.

Haha I saw the profile picture, read the first sentence of your post, and thought to myself "Is this guy seriously going to post a picture of Gus right now?" sure enough I scrolled down and it was there

expected

dont worry, you will see it in the future

I acknowledge Conor McGregor as the 1 true GOAT because he will soon be champion as well as having a loving charismatic personality. He himself said it isn't cockiness, unlike how Anderson/Jones react to things in and out of the ring. That is the GOAT I want you to tell your kids about!

By that I mean Anderson Silva and Jon Jones. Who both had padded records and both are known to be some of the most disrespectful fighters in all of history. Are these really the people you want children to admire or go back and watch years later?

You're a shit parent if you're letting people you have never met guide the lives of your children.

A level fail.

Anderson, Fedor and Gsp are the greatest. Jon should be up there too but for some reason he is not as appealing as the ones mentioned before. Yes, he is an exceptional fighter, but he just doesn't have that x factor. Anderson had spectacular finishes, he did shit that you just could not believe. Gsp is incredibly good looking and his body looks like the one of a marvel comic, he also was pure class. Fedor was fighting guys way bigger than him. He was humble, nice and he overcame size with heart and technique.
Jon is way bigger than his opponents, most of his fights are decision wins, he is not particularly good looking or has an amazing body and he is not a great human being. So i don't think Jon will ever achieve GSP-Anderson- Fedor status. He could become the greatest fighter of all times and break all kinds of records, but there is something else that he doesn't have.

Last edited:
If I had kids and they got into MMA and they asked about the best fighters of my time, I'd tell them to watch the fights. This isn't the Joe Louis era where the fights are grainy black and whites and all the backstory and buildup and circumstances behind each fight are lost and only real historians could know about them.

These days, fighters generally have ample preparation for fights and the records and HD videos speak for themselves. You want to know how good Anderson really was? Watch his fights. You'll see his strengths and weaknesses. None of our fighters are transcendent cultural figures like the boxers of the early to late-mid 1900s anyway.

So no.

Okay so you went through and tallied up every single obscure pro Gus scorecard you could find, I'm not going to waste my time but I'm sure there are at least that many that scored it for Bones

I personally thought it was a close fight with Bones winning 48-47, it definitely wasn't a robbery like some people claim it was

At the end of the day it doesn't matter though because the judges all scored it for Bones and he got to leave with the belt so Gus has no business being on a GOAT list right now

Every time I think I'll leave Sherdog for good a post this absurdly stupid comes along and cracks me the fuck up. Great job TS.

Haha I saw the profile picture, read the first sentence of your post, and thought to myself "Is this guy seriously going to post a picture of Gus right now?" sure enough I scrolled down and it was there

You're talking to a guy that routinely posts the stupidest shite around and took home a few votes in the Worst Poster On Sherdog poll. Is normal.

There is only one GOAT and his name is Fyodor Vladimirovich Emelianenko.

Back