Will you get the coronavirus vaccine once it is available?

I’ll likely get the vaccine. But I do agree with some caution; while vaccines are pretty h over sally safe, this one was brought to market quickly. I’d be interested to see how the initial groups of people tolerate it. But assuming the FDA protocols were followed, it *should* be proven safe by the time it gets to market.

Pretty short sighted view.

They have absolutely no idea what this vaccine might do to you in 3-5 years. They only know of immediate side effects. Are you really willing to put some slap dash vaccine in your body, simply because they tell you it won't immediately hurt you?

Seems a bit reckless.

Not on vaccines that took years to develop and have been proven by decades of study and use...

I tend to agree with this. Like fuck I'm putting anything in me that got fast-tracked through the FDA.

I can't remember which comedian it was that had a skit about hair plugs. You don't want to be the first in line for that shit, let them work out the kinks.

Bill Burr?

Pretty short sighted view.

They have absolutely no idea what this vaccine might do to you in 3-5 years. They only know of immediate side effects. Are you really willing to put some slap dash vaccine in your body, simply because they tell you it won't immediately hurt you?

Seems a bit reckless.
I live dangerously. ;)
It’s possible, I guess, and I see where you’re coming from. But we have pretty stringent protocols in place (provided they are followed of course). And while COVID-19 is a novel virus, coronaviruses themselves aren’t new to us. We’ve developed safe vaccines for them before, so there’s that. You not gonna take it?

I live dangerously. ;)
It’s possible, I guess, and I see where you’re coming from. But we have pretty stringent protocols in place (provided they are followed of course). And while COVID-19 is a novel virus, coronaviruses themselves aren’t new to us. We’ve developed safe vaccines for them before, so there’s that. You not gonna take it?

You're gonna be one of those dudes paying attention to lawyer commercials at 3:00am

"Did the COVID vaccine cause you to grow a third ear or develop brain cancer? There was a class action lawsuit that was just settled that could mean big money to you! Call now!"

Ah you’re right, I was thinking there was a SARS vaccine but there is not. Well fuck, this COVID vaccine is gonna turn us into Chernobyl People. :(
giphy.gif

You're gonna be one of those dudes paying attention to lawyer commercials at 3:00am

"Did the COVID vaccine cause you to grow a third ear or develop brain cancer? There was a class action lawsuit that was just settled that could mean big money to you! Call now!"
The class action lawsuit part could be a viable long term investment.
<Kpop775>

I’m not against getting vaccinated, but the first batch? Pass.

Yep, that's me. Let's see how the first batch or two go. Hell, they need to give it to the really at risk people first anyway. If all goes smoothly, sign me up in 2022 or whatever. But I'll hold off on guinea pig status, thanks.

Please don't make this stuff up. there's enough idiots out there who believe it.

But yeah, I'll choose to take it. From the sounds of the studies they went through the full round and had only the expected issues which they were able to remedy by the time that had 40+ thousand sample pools of people who are doing fine.
please dont make up what? that theres a double dose of the vaccine thats going to be required? I mean....if you havent tuned into that part of things yet....how valid is anything else youre saying about it?

Anti vaxxers like you are why this shit will pop up in hot spots for years to come. We make new flu vaccines every year. Whats different?
the difference is this is a corona virus and we've never made a vaccine successfully for a corona virus including but not limited to the predecessor to the virus that causes covid19((sars cov2)) ((predecessor = SARS...man made)) but suddenly miraculously theyve got this one out in a little over a years time????? and that doesnt raise any sort of alarm bells with you???

but of course....its ALL the people that are doing differently than you feel is right that are the problem......

how do you people continue to post blatantly incorrect information? google is RIGHT THERE
google is a matter of what questions you ask it to depend on what answer you get...Im judging by what youre saying here.....and going out on a limb that you have not asked it very good questions.....if you did you'd realize pretty quick....holy shit they are talking about a double dose vaccine.....

The class action lawsuit part could be a viable long term investment.
<Kpop775>
hate to break this to you but it would be a completely fruitless venture as Big Pharm and specifically vaccine makers and even more specifically covid19 vaccine makers are all entirely exempt from persecution should their product prove to be detrimental to people's health

reason #1241432 not to get this purposely toxic witch's brew

google is a matter of what questions you ask it to depend on what answer you get...Im judging by what youre saying here.....and going out on a limb that you have no asked it very good questions.....if you did you'd realize pretty quick....holy shit they are talking about a double dose vaccine.....
i was referring to his 99.999% survival rate claim which is blatantly false.

i was referring to his 99.999% survival rate claim which is blatantly false.
fair enough, what is the number you feel confident in expressing for that stat? for me from what Ive read it seems to be about a 92-94%

Depends. If my work makes it a requirement for employment, then yes.

Absent that, 0% chance.

Maybe. There should be a decent amount of evidence of risk vs reward from higher risk guinea pigs by the time I have a chance to take it.

please dont make up what? that theres a double dose of the vaccine thats going to be required? I mean....if you havent tuned into that part of things yet....how valid is anything else youre saying about it?

the difference is this is a corona virus and we've never made a vaccine successfully for a corona virus including but not limited to the predecessor to the virus that causes covid19((sars cov2)) ((predecessor = SARS...man made)) but suddenly miraculously theyve got this one out in a little over a years time????? and that doesnt raise any sort of alarm bells with you???

but of course....its ALL the people that are doing differently than you feel is right that are the problem......

google is a matter of what questions you ask it to depend on what answer you get...Im judging by what youre saying here.....and going out on a limb that you have not asked it very good questions.....if you did you'd realize pretty quick....holy shit they are talking about a double dose vaccine.....

hate to break this to you but it would be a completely fruitless venture as Big Pharm and specifically vaccine makers and even more specifically covid19 vaccine makers are all entirely exempt from persecution should their product prove to be detrimental to people's health

reason #1241432 not to get this purposely toxic witch's brew
But what if it gives me superpowers? That could be worth it.

Is there a way to pre order this?

All the governments in the West already pre-order them by the millions for their citizens. The U.K is the #1 hoarder by capita, with 5 shots bought for every citizen. I think the U.S will take delivery of enough supplies for 3 times our population. This vaccine has to be kept at -70 degrees Celcius in storage/transport though, so the typical average joes wouldn't be able to afford the logistics involved.

If your government haven't done so back when they had the chance, the wait list is now around the block and back, but there's always the Russian and Chinese vaccine that they have been shopping around in Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa :D

Back