Will you care if Nate loses at WW since hes a natural LW?

How is he a natural light weight? He clearly weighs more than the light weight limit of 155lbs.

Nate is a LW because that’s what he fought at the most during his career and likely what he’d claim as his weight-class. There is no ‘natural’ about it. Fighters either make the weight consistently and can claim a weight-class or not.

This bullshit on Sherdog about ‘natural’ due to some neckbeard’s opinion on which weight-class a fighter should be placed based on their physical stature is retarded.
I interpret natural weight to be the weight class that a fighter would be in if they just weighed in after a normal training camp without cutting in any way other than their bodies 'natural' weight loss from working out. does that seem reasonable to you?

thats called being a dope head.... Nate has great boxing and he doesnt get hit flush a lot he usually rolls with the punches getting grazed, and he has scar tissue that opens up in the same places which makes him bleed easily.

Again, you can hate him and make fun of him all you want, but hes a talented fighter in his prime right now or the end of his prime and he easily has 3 solid years left especially after sitting out for 3
he can have 20 years if he want, his brain is already damaged for life, he took so many left hands from conor ... the headkickS from thomson, the GnP from RDA etc etc etc He is among the active fighters who took the most damage threw their career ( with bj penn, overeem, ortega, guida, lauzon etc )

don't care
nate has never been an elite fighter. seven fights in seven years. don't be scared, homie

pretty tony will piece him the fuck up

You'd think Diaz would have got used to him losing by now. Excuses at the ready I see.

maybe if he were fighting a big WW that would be valid. But Pettis is a LW who has fought at FW

Cool story. But you can use it to make every fighter "mediocre." You can certainly make the case of Pettis being mediocre at best by your logic.

Conor was on a 15-fight win streak before he lost to Nate. His streak included Holloway, Aldo, Poirier and Mendes. It's a little odd that Nate was the first guy in that streak who happened to be a "mediocre" bad style match-up.
The reality is that Nate is a better fighter and a tougher fight than his record would indicate. I see him as similar to Masvidal in that sense, both had inconsistent results and peaked in their last few fights.

I feel most of the fighters acknowledge this deep down. It's mostly fans who look up Wikipedia records, but record doesn't always tell the story when it comes to skillset And style matchups.

I think Nate is ammunition for Conor haters as well. There is a narrative that Conor is some bum, not a top 10 fighter, hype and overrated, all this shit. Him losing to Nate is ammunition for that narrative.

Giving Nate credit means they'd have to do the same for Conor, which many who are deeply wrapped in their own bias and hatred are unable to do.

Also if Nate is a natural lightweight then so is Nick

They have the exact same frame

Just because someone starves themselves and eats entirely plants to make the weight means it's their natural weight

Nate is a stick at 155. It's a big reason why his opponents threw him around so easily. In spite of having some of the best bottom game in the division. He had zero muscle mass. To me I just think he's a better fighter when he's more filed out.

Nate is more of a natural 170 than he is a 155. Outside of camp he walks around just as heavy as Nick, who's fought at MW. You really think a guy who's 6 feet tall with a 76 inch reach with a frame like that's natural weight class is where he literally looks like a stick?

Pettis is a natural 155

I think Nate is ammunition for Conor haters as well. There is a narrative that Conor is some bum, not a top 10 fighter, hype and overrated, all this shit. Him losing to Nate is ammunition for that narrative.

Exactly. And while I don't know Conor's current mental state or if he'll ever fight again like his glory days, he had a legit 15-fight win streak like I mentioned and beat some of the best FW and LWs of his era. You can't take that away from him. He had limitations (that Nate exploited), but there's no denying he was good.

Here s the thing - we dont know if Nate is a natural 155er anymore . Going by Vegas and opening line of this fight- they're basically giving you the opinion that Diaz has physically grown into a welter.

Again- so looking forward to this fight for so many reasons.

Nate has lots of losses anyway. Both these guys are quite inconsistent.

He's not a "natural" LW at all

He walks around at 190+

? He’s fighting another LW. If he loses he loses to a guy from the same weight class. I expect Diaz to win though. He could easily put on some mass and be a good sized WW but it’s probably better for him to stay at LW.

Back