Will you buy Rousey vs Carmouche now that its headlining?

Well, since it's the only title fight on the card, it makes sense that it headlines...

of course. I mean them choosing to put the two fights on the same card.

Why would I waste my money? Not even if it was the first fight on the PPV. Seeing that wmma is here in the UFC it should be kept to the under cards on the Fuel fights.

Someone should make a poll. I ask because my buddy who usually has the fights at his place isnt ordering it anymore because of the Rousey/Carmouche fight is headlining, and I know im not about to pay full price for it. I have watched every UFC on PPV since UFC 48 and this is the first time im considering streaming and dont really care. The Hendo/Machida fight is amazing and I will be watching the card start to finish, but I dont think I will purchase the PPV. How bout you?

Tough call cause I do want to see Hendo-Machida. What other fights are on the card? That would be the deciding factor.

of course. I mean them choosing to put the two fights on the same card.

It's pretty obvious that Hendo/Machida was lined up for this card because headlining a ppv with a women's fight (one of them being a no-name) is a huge risk and it would have been foolish for them to fill the rest of the card up with meh fights.

Tough call cause I do want to see Hendo-Machida. What other fights are on the card? That would be the deciding factor.

Faber/Menjivar, which is a pretty big fight for the 135 division.

I do find it amusing that many of the nay-sayers in this thread would probably be ok with buying the ppv if the lineup was identical sans the women's fight.

What I don't get is how one scheduled WMMA fight (main event or not) will ruin the card for everyone else, when SF and Bellator have been doing this for years.
Some pretty upset people that are willing to best some potentially great fights just because there is a division they don't like on it
I understand people not being fans of it, but to boycott entire cards over one small thing like that?

i really don't get all the fuss. it's still a great card, hendo/machida alone makes it buy worthy. and ronda rousey is exciting, whether you think she's main event worthy or not, she's very exciting.

So if this is all about the principle? seriously, take your principles, shove em down your throat, and stfu.

i really don't get all the fuss. it's still a great card, hendo/machida alone makes it buy worthy. and ronda rousey is exciting, whether you think she's main event worthy or not, she's very exciting.

So if this is all about the principle? seriously, take your principles, shove em down your throat, and stfu.

Yep. Again, every one of the people declaring their hatred for this card would be fine with it if it were identical minus the women's fight. I can appreciate not caring for WMMA, but some of you are taking this to ridiculous levels.

pretty much this ^^^

Couldn't have said it better.

People will mostly buy this card for Machida/Hendo then the Dana and co. will claim that "Ronda/Liz sold more than any WMMA fight ever!!", making it sound like the biggest fucking deal ever.

Really lame.

No interest other than Hendo vs. Machida. May watch it somewhere but definitely won't pay for it.

I don't really see why people who don't like the main event would just not buy the card. You are really going to skip out on a card because of one fight? I'll be buying this card mostly for Hendo/Machida, but can't say im not excited for the Rousey fight.

And some of the same people that won't be ordering it will still come in here and whine if the fights aren't up to their standards

Everyone confused as to why people aren't buying the card, here is a brief reality check:

WE. DON'T. WANT. TO. SUPPORT. WMMA. IN. UFC.

Sure it may be an awesome fight, but, myself and many others don't want WMMA in the UFC, and don't even like watching girls fight. Period.

Deal with it. We are allowed our opinions, it's our fucking money as well and we can spend it how we want.

The more people that buy this UFC card, the more successful in theory WMMA could become, so, I'm going to go out of my way to encourage everyone I know to avoid purchasing this content. At first I was on the fence, but now that I see how they are prostituting it at the consequence of disrespecting legends, it encourages me even more to avoid this content and hope it fails ASAP.

Not interesting WMMA, won't buy any event that has a WMMA fight on the card (headlining or not).

Back