Will you buy Rousey vs Carmouche now that its headlining?

I probably won't buy, just because I can really only afford to get a couple of cards a years at my place, and there are others shaping up that look more appealing. But if someone I know gets it, I will sure as hell watch it. I actually enjoy watching WMMA. I do get the Rousey hate, considering how far Dana's head is up her ass (and I find Gina to be way more attractive and Cyborg more fun to watch), but she is an entertaining fighter. I think she tries to hard in interviews and stuff most of the time, but that doesn't affect her ability to break arms.

I think it's funny that people on Sherdog go ape shit over one trick pony Palhares but Rousey is criticized for it.

Yup. The women headlining make no difference and do not change the outcome of the other fights on the card.

It could totally change the outcome of Machida VS Hendo my making it 3 rounds instead of 5.

I believe that's why so many are upset. It was a bad choice to have it main event over this one specific fight. It was a bad idea that is upsetting a lot of people. This one fight was a bad choice to go with.

I care more about Machida vs. Hendo. But Rousey has kinda won me over. The problem is no other female MMArtist interests me at all, except perhaps Meisha Tate. Cyborg is some sort of scary hermaphrodite who probably never even took steroids and just has naturally high levels of testosterone because "she" has big, hairy testicles. And anyone who says they can't drop 10 pounds ("I fight at 145, I just can't get down to 135!" is full of shit. So, "she" is full of testosterone and shit. I don't care to see her beat up purty lil' Ronda.

I think it's a little harsh to think Cyborg is full of shit for saying she can't cut to 135, considering the illegal substance she got busted for was supposed to be helping her cut weight to 145. If she was having trouble making 145, 135 may be an impossible cut. It's like saying Anthony Johnson is full of shit for not taking a catchweight fight at 160 lbs.

No. Not because women are headlining it, but because I bootleg all the events anyway.:icon_twis More on point, I wouldn't be buying it for them since it's pretty much a meaningless squash match, but for Hendo vs Machida which is more competitive and has major implications in their division.

Why waste a 5 rounder on a fight is gonna last 34 seconds?

fuck no

i hate loudy lousey

4LMEx.gif

lIcgB.gif

1sZad.jpg

The epitome of fighter bashing. May the Ban Hammer smite you down.

Hendo/Machida is co-headlining. Of course I'm buying.

I don't buy PPVs anyway; I always go to bars. And, I will be watching Rousey/Carmouche because I believe WMMA will actually be something one day, and I enjoy the fights.

if anyone is seriously such a 'hardcore' MMA fan that the order of the fights appearing on the PPV determines their worth to be watched...well just fuck that guy and good riddance to him.

I'm not skipping Hendo/Machida just because Rhonda is on the card. Also, I like the higher quality WMMA matches (not saying this is one).

Several of the StrikeForce matchups over the years were good. Rousey vs. Tate was good until the idiot ref forgot to stop the fight due to grotesquely broken arm.

A few of the Gina fights were enjoyable as well.

Think he is just angry cause they put it over Machida/Hendo and he doesnt like WMMA so thats his way of rebelling.

Lol this. Although I do wish hendo machida was headlining. As a machida fan, I think he would benefit from the extra two rounds

It could totally change the outcome of Machida VS Hendo my making it 3 rounds instead of 5.

I believe that's why so many are upset. It was a bad choice to have it main event over this one specific fight. It was a bad idea that is upsetting a lot of people. This one fight was a bad choice to go with.

yea but their options are either to have a good fight under the rousey fight to buoy the card - if they do that, they'll get this same distaste

if they dont have any good fights under the rousey fight, it wont sell

its good promotion though, i like how they are doing it

Have I missed something? I'd like to know why a title fight would co-main a non-title fight too.

This is why it shouldn't be a comain or main:

A title fight between someone who was a nobody about a year ago against someone who currently is a nobody for a belt that didn't even exist until a couple weeks ago.

We should have Kurt Angle fight Todd Duffee for the super-intercontinental american heavy belt. It's just as valid as the belt that Ronda currently holds.

nope.

should of stayed in strikeforce, i dont find entertainment in women hitting each other

The epitome of fighter bashing. May the Ban Hammer smite you down.

How is this fighter bashing?

So they want us to take wmma seriously but they cannot be shooped or looks talked about?

Jesus!

And to answer the question in the OP - NO!

What a fucking joke!

We should have Kurt Angle fight Todd Duffee for the super-intercontinental american heavy belt. It's just as valid as the belt that Ronda currently holds.

Rousey's title really isn't THAT MUCH different that Aldo or Cruz. UFC absorbed WEC, like they are doing with Strikeforce, so a champion in a weight class that did not exist in UFC kept his belt. Not saying that it is the RIGHT thing to do, but it's not all that different.

Back