Will you buy Rousey vs Carmouche now that its headlining?

Rousey was handed the UFC title and this is her first defense - so it's not like any other title match where the "title matches always headline" excuse might fit.

I don't understand this argument. If it is a title fight shouldn't it headline? Let's pretend that Rousey didn't get the title automatically. Then would it be ok? What's the difference? It's a title fight whether she was given the title or not.

Will definitely be buying. Heck would have bought for Hendo/Machida alone, more pumped now that this is on the card too.

I'm a big supporter of WMMA but IMO it might be a tad bit premature for Hendo/Machida to play second fiddle to Rousey and Carmouche. Now Rousey/Cyborg or Rousey/Carano (I know, I know...still), that would make sense.

But really who cares what order the fights happen in, as long as they happen...but would like Hendo/Machida to be 5 rounds.

I'm not living in the US so I'm not paying for it in the first place, but if I did live there and had to pay for the card I probably would, but only because of the Hendo/Machida fight.
If that fight wasn't on the card I wouldn't pay for it.

It's a championship fight. They always headline. If Machida and Hendo want to be headlining, they need to quit ducking JBJ and line up to take their asswhippins like Chael.

A title fight between someone who was a nobody about a year ago against someone who currently is a nobody for a belt that didn't even exist until a couple weeks ago.

the fight is still for a belt regardless. this is protocol the UFC has followed since the beginning of the sport.

Back