Will you buy Rousey vs Carmouche now that its headlining?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Someone should make a poll. I ask because my buddy who usually has the fights at his place isnt ordering it anymore because of the Rousey/Carmouche fight is headlining, and I know im not about to pay full price for it. I have watched every UFC on PPV since UFC 48 and this is the first time im considering streaming and dont really care. The Hendo/Machida fight is amazing and I will be watching the card start to finish, but I dont think I will purchase the PPV. How bout you?

No.

I have never been interested in WMMA and still am not. I'll watch this card at a bar where I don't have to pay for it and that will be for the Machida/Hendo fight. I'll be on my way home when the girls start fighting.

yeah, they're forcing my hand with the Hendo/Machida fight.

There was a poll earlier and most people said they won't get it.

So he'd buy it if the Co-main and Main switched places? That's kinda dumb. If he really doesn't want to see that fight he could always just stop watching after Hendo vs. machida.

yeah, they're forcing my hand with the Hendo/Machida fight.

There was a poll earlier and most people said they won't get it.

Missed this. But thx for telling me and not assuming im on here 24/7 and bashing me lol.

No. But I don't many very many PPV at all so I'm probably not a good person to poll. I definitely won't be buying this one though. And it's not JUST b/c of WMMA. It's just the way they went about it....."Hey let's give Rhonda a title b/c Dana loves her and give her a random fight vs.....hmmm, how about Liz who lost to both Coenen and Kaufman. No disrespect to Liz at all. I think she is a tough out, but that's like giving suddenly grabbing Fedor from pride, creating a division just for him and then have him fight Gary Goodridge or something.

it was always headlining the card. why would a title fight be co-main to a non title fight?

So he'd buy it if the Co-main and Main switched places? That's kinda dumb. If he really doesn't want to see that fight he could always just stop watching after Hendo vs. machida.

Think he is just angry cause they put it over Machida/Hendo and he doesnt like WMMA so thats his way of rebelling.

fuck no

i hate loudy lousey

4LMEx.gif

lIcgB.gif

1sZad.jpg

Your hate is unprecedented. lol

maybe, fairly solid but could use a couple more good fights.
The main event isn't always the make or break of a card for me.

it was always headlining the card. why would a title fight be co-main to a non title fight?

A title fight between someone who was a nobody about a year ago against someone who currently is a nobody for a belt that didn't even exist until a couple weeks ago.

Nope. If it were not for other fights, i sincerely would not watch free from a torrent download.

Not hating, but i believe this woman MMA thing is not going to cut it even in UFC. They can force feed it by adding relevant fights, but I doubt it is gonna get a following. I take Shogun's view on it. He never watches women fight and does not believe they should. Plus after you watch guys fight, it is like poor man's version of an actual fight. Kind of looks like after school fight to me.

I am curious about PPV numbers, I am pretty confident they will be low.

Considering I have to get up at 3am to watch MMA over here, I will be watching Faber/Menjivar and Hendo/Machida and then getting some sleep.

For free.
I'm not staying up to watch WMMA unless it's Cyborg/Rousey because the talent level is abysmal.

No I can't believe Dana White turned to WMMA to make money. Shows the UFC is truly desperate.

I don't get this. Do people only buy the cards for which they are interested in every single fight? I buy a lot of them where I only really care about a couple of the fights. One fight I didn't like wouldn't stop me if I cared about the others.

Yup. The women headlining make no difference and do not change the outcome of the other fights on the card.

I care more about Machida vs. Hendo. But Rousey has kinda won me over. The problem is no other female MMArtist interests me at all, except perhaps Meisha Tate. Cyborg is some sort of scary hermaphrodite who probably never even took steroids and just has naturally high levels of testosterone because "she" has big, hairy testicles. And anyone who says they can't drop 10 pounds ("I fight at 145, I just can't get down to 135!" is full of shit. So, "she" is full of testosterone and shit. I don't care to see her beat up purty lil' Ronda.

Frankly Women's MMA is all about armbars and nothing else. It seems women's arms don't have the biceps that men's do, so they can't defend a properly applied armbar. So the first one to get the armbar applied correctly wins. It seems Rousey figured this out, but others have figured it out now too. Kinda takes the excitement out of it. Blah blah... someone is gonna get an armbar. The only question is who will get it first, and will they get it applied correctly.

What Jon Jones did to Vitor - holding on, fighting the arm extension and defending a properly applied armbar - that can never happen in women's MMA. Never.

Back