Will Woodley ever get his belt back?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you see Woodley getting that WW strap ever again? He's obviously always extremely dangerous. He has huge power in that right hand but some of the holes in his game have been exposed. He will always have a tough fight against Usman and its looks like Covington could be a real tough matchup.. And Wonderboy will always be a hard fight for him.. More contenders are now lurking like Masvidal and Edward, etc.... Will he get that belt back? Why or why not?

Like any Wood it's only temporary, you never know when Wood returns.

Not with that small gas tank, when Marty and Colbi are around.

No, it is obvious the hand injury he had from the Till fight is not something he can recover from, doesn't he have chronic arthritis now? A Woodley without his killer right hand is nothing special. That's probably why he knew he would lose to Usman before the fight even started.

I think he'll get another title shot, but whether he'll win it is beyond me.

Switching camps was a good move for him, especially with GSP as a coach helping him shore up his wrestling and remove his biggest shortcoming: depending on setting up one big right hand shot when his opponent closes the distance. While that might work great on strikers that like to fight in the pocket like Robbie and Till, it's not gonna work on the pressure wrestling duo in Usman and Colby.

If Tyron makes the right adjustments I can see him possibly beating Colby or Usman for the belt, but not easily in either instance.

No way. Woodley is trying now to get easy title eliminator fight, first Lawler rematch then he's calling out RDA. Ponzinibbio fight make sense and he's ducking him cause its not easy fight for him. I think Usman, Covington or Ponzinibbio can beat him. Masvidal and Edwards as well.

Colby and Usman pack 10 times the pace.

No chance.

Hey dana, will you give Woodley the winner of Colby Kamaru?
dana.jpg
Sorry, I'm sorry for asking

I doubt it. He is getting older, is undersized in relation to other fighters, has sustained some injuries, and looked outclassed against the younger, bigger, Usman. Also, nobody likes him, so his chances of getting a shot are slim.

He’s too busy being the P4P GOAT rapper
<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo>

Having watch USMAN completely big brother him for 5 rounds I would say no.. Unless he loses..

Even then Colby seems like a bad matchup.. Maybe if Masvidal somehow got the belt I could see Woodley beating him

Nope, I don't see anyone in the division getting past 130% Usman at the moment. Colby is a tough matchup for him too, and I'd say even Masvidal has a shot at KO'ing him or winning a decision.

WB I don't see a problem he afraid to get hit even more so now since getting stiffen by Pettis, and he just a got a little sample taste from TWood that sent him cage clutching to the canvas. I don't see no problem from Colby who's only path to victory is to get Tyrone tired and pooped and point fight by constant cardio until he gets hit, and hit he will get with TWood. Colby can't hold him down, certainly can't KO him, not stronger than Tyrone, and not as skilled as Tyrone. Masvidal on the other hand has real pop from all angles knows how to get street rugged but put mma into it I can see him besting TWood

Usman is a different manimal Tyrone won't get his belt back as long as "The Nigerian Nightmare" WW boss TWood just another top 3 guardian until Usman dethroned...

WB I don't see a problem he afraid to get hit even more so now since getting stiffen by Pettis, and he just a got a little sample taste from TWood that sent him cage clutching to the canvas. I don't see no problem from Colby who's only path to victory is to get Tyrone tired and pooped and point fight by constant cardio until he gets hit, and hit he will get with TWood. Colby can't hold him down, certainly can't KO him, not stronger than Tyrone, and not as skilled as Tyrone. Masvidal on the other hand has real pop from all angles knows how to get street rugged but put mma into it I can see him besting TWood

Usman is a different manimal Tyrone won't get his belt back as long as "The Nigerian Nightmare" WW boss TWood just another top 3 guardian until Usman dethroned...
Yeah... I see kamaru beating Woodley way worse in a rematch. He came in with a fractured foot and hernia and still had his way with him. Woodley mentioned how he wasn't "in it" when watching afterwards.

My theory is he was truly outclassed with no answer. He's getting older and he was a defending, fighting champion.

But that's likely over now

Yeah... I see kamaru beating Woodley way worse in a rematch. He came in with a fractured foot and hernia and still had his way with him. Woodley mentioned how he wasn't "in it" when watching afterwards.

My theory is he was truly outclassed with no answer. He's getting older and he was a defending, fighting champion.

But that's likely over now

Woodley catches a lot of hate around here but really not from me I can be critical of his off the wall fighting but I understand it, it depends on his opponent to take the fight to him with real pressure. Most are are afraid to get hit or get hit once and butt cheeks tighten up to push forward and trapped so they end up fighting TWoods fight watching him.

Usman put it right on him and didn't take it off with the kind of power and authority of a man determined...

Woodley catches a lot of hate around here but really not from me I can be critical of his off the wall fighting but I understand it, it depends on his opponent to take the fight to him with real pressure. Most are are afraid to get hit or get hit once and butt cheeks tighten up to push forward and trapped so they end up fighting TWoods fight watching him.

Usman put it right on him and didn't take it off with the kind of power and authority of a man determined...
I like the chosen one, ever since he went and lifted with CT Fletcher I was a fan.
He should really press for big matchups in addition to his many endeavors.

He doesn't need the belt to get paid and fight at the elite level. And Usman seems to have endless gas which twood just doesn't have

Dana WHITE will give him an interim title shot against Askren, an offer he can refuse

Maybe.

Since GSP left, the WW belt has been getting hot potatoe'd around.

Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Back