Will we ever see Guillard back in the UFC with good Bellator run?

GinjaNinja23

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With his fight approaching in Bellator it makes me wonder.
1-1 in WSOF
12-9-1 ACTUALLY 13-9 in the UFC.

Does Guillard have what it takes to make it back? Some people think he has the skills some say no.
Me personally as a Guillard fan think he is better suit for the Bellator roster.

He has great fluidity in his striking and remarkable strength and power.
I trained with him a tiny bit at U.S Stars when he was living in Norman OK. (His wife is going to school at OU)
He actually had amazing TDs and GnP. He says he doesnt use it as often because the submission risk.
Hes very honest about his skill set gotta love that.

But do you think he has wjat it takes to stay competitive in the UFC? I personally say no. Better fights for his style in Bellator where he can potentially be a star. What do you think? Could be come back to UFC with good Bellator run or does he stay at Bellator for the remainder of his career.

Btw most fighters dont have retirement plans. He was smart and went the Chris Leben path and got a sugga momma just so everyone knows.

Nah. Hes susceptible to subs and has a relatively weak chin. He might not even make it in bellator

He will retire in a couple years after a streak of L's.

I hope not. He has shown time and time again that he has the physical tools but not the mental fortitude to back it up.

I agree with you guys. I dont think he can stay with the top dawgs anymore.
He never dedicated to BJJ honestly.
I know he obviously trains in BJJ but personally I can say I never once saw him train BJJ at the gym. (Only trained together for like 2 weeks before he went back to train at Jacksons) but still. Never once saw him really roll. Saw him do alot of strength drills, flying knees, and GnP. But not any BJJ. Wonder how much he actually dedicated to it.

Yet again obviously he rolls alot at Jacksons you would think.
I feel like he had all the potential but couldnt use it right.

Chin was surly suspect. Funny though because weve seen him eat some nice ones. But wobbled with punches that look nothing like a KO punch. Other than cowboys punch. That shit had bad intentions all over it.

You also need to consider what he looked like when he fought Gaetje. No idea how to spell that guy's name... Anyway.. Guillard may have had a significant injury during training, but I've never seen him look anything other than completely shredded. He was puffed up and overweight in that fight. Hopefully just a one time issue, but you never know.....

You also need to consider what he looked like when he fought Gaetje. No idea how to spell that guy's name... Anyway.. Guillard may have had a significant injury during training, but I've never seen him look anything other than completely shredded. He was puffed up and overweight in that fight. Hopefully just a one time issue, but you never know.....

He looked how he did on tuf at ww. Puffy. Looked weird. I agree something was wrong.

Very talented guy, however his fight IQ and lack of work ethic hold him back. If he buckles down and diciplines himself I dont see why he wouldn't make it back to the UFC.

Melvin is done. He's not going to miraculously not be an inconsistent fighter. He's not coming back to the UFC.

Guillard's not coming back. I don't think he can cut it with the big dogs any more. Speaking of big dogs, I think Gaethje would be an awesome addition to the UFC. Shame he's content with fighting elsewhere.

too many miles and he was always a head case (losing to guys he should have beaten) and beating guys but then calling out nobodies for his next match. not confident and he didn't keep his head together generally. too late for him.

As much as I liked watching Melvin fight, he's really became pretty underwhelming. Unlikely he makes it back.

He told all of us he wanted yves edwards after he whooped Evan D....I was like really.

If he "has a great run" why would he come back given the current conditions? He'll be making more money in Bellator and i assume only better if he kick's ass.

if Joe Riggs made it back after Bellator than anything is possible

Back