Will we ever see a three weight UFC champion?

I think the only person that MIGHT have been able to do it could have been GSP, not sure he could make LW, but assuming Tibau could, he might have

Perhaps Frankie Edgar also

No. Dana will never allow one man to hold more than one belt at a time. Especially with everyone being so prone to injuries.

If you mean one guy holding three different belts at three different times...... possibly. But I bet it's a lower weight guy. Not a bigger guy.

Dan Henderson had the best chance. I am still so disappointed to this day Hendo couldn't win either of the ufc-pride unification matches.

Imagine if he would of won both those!

3 division champ would need to suit a specific body type...

The only person i can think of is cormier... Lose the fat he could make MW, become champ,

We've seen his calibre in LHW, and he has proven himself in HW.

All other options like saying frankie or aldo means the guy will have to fight super skinny and dehydrated- doubtful either would be world class... choose a fat guy

Actually sorry Machida is still tiny compared to weidman, maybe he could drop WW with a good cut.

Aldo has trouble making 145 so no way he makes 135. He might win 145 and 155 but I don't see how he could win 135 or 170.

I doubt it, the size differences are too great. The person would need to be a young phenom who is capable of moving up two classes without being dwarfed. Their skills would have to be unreal.

Maybe Jones if they ever introduce a cruiser weight division.

While we're on this topic, think we will ever see a multi-gender Champion? Win a belt with wang intact and then lop that fucker off and jump into the female divisions.

I see it happening.

I suppose it's easier to dig a hole than build a pole, but I think RRR could do it if they were to successfully build her a dingus.

Still would.

given that a 2 division champion isnt a thing, gonna have to say no. The only time it was ever even attempted was BJ against GSP, and that was an ass kicking.

given that a 2 division champion isnt a thing, gonna have to say no. The only time it was ever even attempted was BJ against GSP, and that was an ass kicking.

Hendo

I think it's meant as a fighter winning belts in different divisions at different times like Penn and Couture. I don't think the UFC would allow one fighter to hold two belts at once, let alone three.

Pretty sure they would go out of business if they did.

Maybe Jones, but not sure if he could make that cut to 185. He could take the HW belt for sure though.

Maybe Pettis is the best chance. He easily destroys Aldo or whoever at 135. It's not impossible for him to KO the champ at 170.

And if you think so who out of today's fighters you think could do it. imo Aldo might have the best chance to do it.

Lol. I doubt it. All the stars needs to align + MMA has evolved too far. When you go three divisions the weight difference just becomes too much to handle.

The best chance would have been if Anderson joined the UFC as a WW.

He would have had a very solid chance versus Hughes. We saw what happened versus Franklin and Liddell would have once again been a favourable match-up.

Last edited:
Back