Will we ever see a three weight UFC champion?

I still think frankie could do it, if can beat at featherweight and cut to BW then he takes the Belt there too.

CM Punk is already a three division champion.

Y'all musta forgot.

GIF-holy-shit-jaw-drop-oh-snap-OMG-surprised-wow-GIF.gif

If anyone can do it, it probably could be Frankie.

In the future it's possible. It's tough now unless you hand pick your opponents. :icon_lol:

gotta think if it does happen, it will happen with a young champion at 125, then see him move up in weight as he (literally) grows up. 125-135-145 is easier than trying to accomplish it at, say, 170-185-205.

Vitor
Cruz
Faber
MM
Edgar
Pettis
Aldo

All these guys have the fighting skill to possibly pull it off and most have fought across multiple weight classes (or have talked about it).
Pettis vs Aldo was the uber fight that never came to fruition and the one that makes most sense @ a cw of 150lbs.

Vera could FOR SURE take lhw and hw. He would just have to get a teeny tiny bit serious about it though and train for a couple weeks.

Anderson could have done it I think, dude was a WW for a while early on. But from now I don't think any of the current champs could.

It's possible, Dan Henderson has wins over HW, LHW and MW champs.

3? Maybe Frankie could cut to 125 and get lucky at 135?
Aldo cant go down or jump to 170. Mystric Mac is borderline 155s too.
Pettis is too small to go up (vs Hendriks or Lawaler ? no way)
None of top 170 guys would fare well at LHW and wouldn't be able to make 155 either.
Andy, Weidman and most other 185s are borderline LHWs and wouldnt make 170.

So basically no, most fighters are between 2 weight classes and the classes are rather far apart, this isn't boxing.

Conor would murder TJ !

That's the funniest thing in this whole thread. Frankie and Mendes are the two in that division who would have an advantage over TJ, and Mendes is his teammate

TJ.. Could cut to 125, and go up to 145.
Pettis.. Could cut to 145, and go up to 170.
Many more can do it, but are not current champions, so it is irrelevant to include them until they obtain a belt in their current weight-class.

While we're on this topic, think we will ever see a multi-gender Champion? Win a belt with wang intact and then lop that fucker off and jump into the female divisions.

I see it happening.

Now that's the kind of progessive thinking we like to see. Then change back AGAIN and defend both titles at the same time.

I actually love the Weidman idea. He has the technique and the power, he's actually taller than Cain, and only 30 right now.

Luke Rockhold could do it with the help of some supplements.

Someone who fights at 135 has the best shot.

Technically Vitor is he wins the MW belt next month

Back