Will we ever see a third match between Shevchenko and Nunes?

sgtpepper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I think like most people, we all had Valentina Shevchenko winning their last fight (especially considering she landed twice the head kicks to Nunes's head). Shevchenko has had an impressive run at Flyweight and Nunes has had a spectacular run as Bantamweight and as the Featherweight champion.

Now that they've both almost cleared out their respective divisions of any real competition and there doesn't seem to be much left but if Shevchenko is able to get past Chookagian, will we see a third matchup between the two?

I know Nunes might be a bit reluctant because of how their last fight went and Shevchenko might be reluctant because Nunes has put on more weight since the last time we met but I think a matchup at Bantamweight or even a catchweight fight if Nunes is able to shred that body fat.

No, and people need to let it go.

I don't think many people take into consideration Valentina was fighting above her weight class her whole BW run, still winning all her fights except the Nunes fights. She's where she belongs at 125.

Pretty sure Schev is down but Nunes will say she's 2-0 and there's no need for a 3rd fight.
Valentina **probably** should have gotten the decision in the last one but the reality is she didn't. And that gives Nunes the ability to not pursue another fight, as she's technically beaten Valentina twice.

I don't think many people take into consideration Valentina was fighting above her weight class her whole BW run, still winning all her fights except the Nunes fights. She's where she belongs at 125.

We all know she was fighting above her weight class already, her being where she belongs isn't the point though. Valentina is still a competitor and she has stated that she is very down for it but the only problem is that Nunes doesn't want to risk a loss (even though I think Nunes would probably win the next time they meet).

I'd rather see both face new fighters. I think Val got the short end of the stick, but that's in the past.

I'd rather see both face new fighters. I think Val got the short end of the stick, but that's in the past.

That's what I thought but there's zero competition in the Featherweight division (Nunes is literally the only ranked fighter for Featherweight on the UFC website) and barely any competition in the flyweight division.

So, seeing them face new fighters who are matched up with them because there really isn't anyone else just wouldn't draw as many viewers as it should. I think the flyweight division also needs a boost in ratings and a fight between the two now that Nunes is significantly more popular will draw more attention to the Flyweight division.

last fight was one of the worst title fights in history

I'd probably say only if Nunes cuts to 125 and wants to try for a third world title.

The judges ruined that trilogy. Shevchenko should have gotten the nod in the second fight and be considered female GOAT for beating the bigger Nunes. There could have been a huge hype around the rubber match but at this point it's as pointless as Jones-DC 3.
<{hughesimpress}>

Last edited:
I don't see the point in it. Valentina is absolutely a 25er and Nunes is supposed to be defending two belts. Nunes' two champ status alone should be filling her schedule.

Nunez dominated her her twice..no need for a 3rd match

You have no idea what dominated means.

Also Nunes literally cowered away from their rematch at first.

I'm going to side with no cause I think we see a part 3 if Nunes loses first and I dont see that happening .They both sit nicely right now in there divisions but i can see some comp on horizon for shev-

I think everybody has taken in consideration she's fighting below her weight class. There's no real fights to get excited for in her current division.

I think everybody has taken in consideration she's fighting below her weight class. There's no real fights to get excited for in her current division.
Maycee & Araujo pose good competition down the line imo. That division will fill out, there's some solid flyweights in Invicta.

If it ain't Cyborg vs Snoonez I don't really care about either.

"b-b-but Snoonez ko'd Cyborg!"

Yeah well Dos Santos ko'd Cain.

If it ain't Cyborg vs Snoonez I don't really care about either.

"b-b-but Snoonez ko'd Cyborg!"

Yeah well Dos Santos ko'd Cain.
Cyborg don't want them problems. Bitch woke up with a headache and a chopped off leg.

Cyborg don't want them problems. Bitch woke up with a headache and a chopped off leg.

You and Snoonez must be equally thrilled she'll finish her UFC career with no real threat now that Cyborg is gone.

Nunes way too big its not even fair ya just a bunch of thirsty little punks trying provoke a fight. Grow up junkies your not in junior high anymore... Okie dokie..

Back