Movies Will we ever get another X-Men film like Days of Future Past?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In this film we were introduced to a series of backlog characters with a total amount of screen time of 1m:19s each.
Their deaths was as quick as their introductions.

Characters such as:

Ink
Sunspot
Warpath
Blink
Rogue
Kitty Pryde
Bishop
Havok

Will we ever see another X-Men film with a backlog of 20 characters and the maximum amount of screen time of .50 seconds each?

A waste of potentially good characters. Deadpool seemed to have the right look of Shatterstar, but killed him so quickly.

A waste of potentially good characters. Deadpool seemed to have the right look of Shatterstar, but killed him so quickly.

Dude, they deliberately made Shatterstar look like the lead singer of Men Without Hats or some shit.

No Marvel will make good Really good xmen movies.

I liked both first class and days of future past But the MCU is gonna really nail the X-men imo.

The problem is that the MCU is secret identity/Mutant/Social Justice issues averse. That's alot of what makes the X-Men a great property. If you just make them a bunch of schmoes in clown suits then they're no longer really special, are they?

I'm not convinced that Disney have the creative integrity to do right by them. Now the Fantastic Four i think will be great under Disney, literally just remake The Incredibles.

With few exceptions MCU movies are made for children so they keep things simpler there.

There is nothing in the entire MCU that comes even close to the logistics of this scene. The direction and camera work here are working on levels much higher than any scene in any MCU movie with the exception of maybe Dr. Strange which is the MCU's highest level of filmmaking.

The problem is that the MCU is secret identity/Mutant/Social Justice issues averse. That's alot of what makes the X-Men a great property. If you just make them a bunch of schmoes in clown suits then they're no longer really special, are they?

I'm not convinced that Disney have the creative integrity to do right by them. Now the Fantastic Four i think will be great under Disney, literally just remake The Incredibles.

How do you know this. This is pure speculation by you.

With few exceptions MCU movies are made for children so they keep things simpler there.

There is nothing in the entire MCU that comes even close to the logistics of this scene. The direction and camera work here are working on levels much higher than any scene in any MCU movie with the exception of maybe Dr. Strange which is the MCU's highest level of filmmaking.

I always hated how they made Iceman a bitch when he's one of the strongest X-men and nearly impossible to kill.

How do you know this. This is pure speculation by you.

Oh c'mon now. Don't be dense. And i'm not hating on Ma
rvel either, i'm a fan. Feige has been very open about how they purposely avoided secret identities when planning out the MCU. And they did the same with Spidey when bringing him in.

And both the MCU and Marvel comics have had zero use for mutants, which i believe they've replaced with the Inhumans on both fronts. And they've avoided taking on issues of discrimination on even a metaphorical level (remember all the shit Joss Whedon got for Black Widows "I feel like a monster" line in Age of Ultron? Yeah. And he had to fight tooth and nail to allow that line to stay in the film. Fact.)

Point is: The X-Men/Mutants are not a hand in glove fit with the direction and tone of the MCU. Either the Universe is going to have to accommodate them. Or more likely, they will have to be changed to fit into the Cinematic Universe. Which means none of the stuff i outlined in my previous post, for starters.

Oh c'mon now. Don't be dense. And i'm not hating on Ma
rvel either, i'm a fan. Feige has been very open about how they purposely avoided secret identities when planning out the MCU. And they did the same with Spidey when bringing him in.

And both the MCU and Marvel comics have had zero use for mutants, which i believe they've replaced with the Inhumans on both fronts. And they've avoided taking on issues of discrimination on even a metaphorical level (remember all the shit Joss Whedon got for Black Widows "I feel like a monster" line in Age of Ultron? Yeah. And he had to fight tooth and nail to allow that line to stay in the film. Fact.)

Point is: The X-Men/Mutants are not a hand in glove fit with the direction and tone of the MCU. Either the Universe is going to have to accommodate them. Or more likely, they will have to be changed to fit into the Cinematic Universe. Which means none of the stuff i outlined in my previous post, for starters.

Right now Marvel comics have given the X-men a push as big as when Grant Morrison wrote New Xmen. As of right now the X-men are getting the biggest push at marvel comics.

Random thought but I loved logan was totally different to all the xmen movies.

I hope we get another "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" but with more action and blood. Equally as goofy, though.

In this film we were introduced to a series of backlog characters with a total amount of screen time of 1m:19s each.
Their deaths was as quick as their introductions.

Characters such as:

Ink
Sunspot
Warpath
Blink
Rogue
Kitty Pryde
Bishop
Havok

Will we ever see another X-Men film with a backlog of 20 characters and the maximum amount of screen time of .50 seconds each?

To answer your question: NO

Once they've been incorporated into the MCU they'll more than likely have to share screentime with established MCU characters in some-type of joint storyline. Some old timers like me will gripe about it, but then Feige will give us Wolverine versus Hulk or something and we'll all spazz out and forgive him. rinse repeat.

I always hated how they made Iceman a bitch when he's one of the strongest X-men and nearly impossible to kill.

Its not that hes a bitch, its that the sentinels are OP which is why they need to use time travel to stop them.

To answer your question: NO

Once they've been incorporated into the MCU they'll more than likely have to share screentime with established MCU characters in some-type of joint storyline. Some old timers like me will gripe about it, but then Feige will give us Wolverine versus Hulk or something and we'll all spazz out and forgive him. rinse repeat.

In MCU they will be stuck doing cameo scenes with little to no depth.

Too overpowered.

Back