Rumored Will Venum help fighter pay?

I’m actually shocked if this is true. I didn’t realize they were doing big things like that. If so good for them though. I’m curious as to why Tapout didn’t get a shot at this though. They’ve always supported the UFC in the early days and constantly sponsored fighters, as well as had a up and coming fighter show similar to the contenders series. One of their founding fathers Mask is in the UFC hall of fame.

Tapout is owned by a holding company now, I don't think it's run the same way at all. I think they just try and mass produce cheap gear and sell it off as cheap as possible.

Base pay is going up to 200k to show when Venum deal starts.

For what it's worth Dana said in a press conference that the bonuses would go up. Now I can't imagine that Venum could afford any of it themselves so it'll have to come out of UFC's coffers. They obviously can't hand over a ton of cash to the UFC as Reebok did. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC somehow acquired Venum or something to that effect.

I'm genuinely curious to see what happens with this deal. I hope that they allow a couple of (pre-approved) sponsors on the fight kit. Maybe 2-3 sponsors. 1 major sponsor (ass panel), one minor on each thigh, or maybe just one minor sponsor.

Dana won't let them, even if they wanted to. UFC's entire business model is based on the fact they pay fighters so little, they have to fight at least 2-3 times per year to pay the bills (with very few exceptions). When every fighter is getting paid well, UFC will turn into boxing and we'll rarely have interesting cards.

I dont think it can be worse. Reebok was embarrassing.
Don't see a company with way less money paying out more.. only saviour would be if the fighters could get sponsors back

The key to getting paid in MMA is to either be Conor McGregor or fight him. Everything else is just peanuts.

The key to getting paid in MMA is to either be Conor McGregor or fight him. Everything else is just peanuts.

The story about the drunk reebok rep at the fighter summit telling everyone to be more like Conor guyssss

<28><28>

No. The UFC is negotiating this deal to benefit the UFC first and foremost so that they can pocket the majority of the apparel money vs. just taking a sponsorship fee like they did before the Reebok deal. The fighters will still be stuck taking pennies on the dollar just like they were with Reebok. Same shit, different logo.

???? Pay will be in Brazilian Real, bro.

With reebok set to expire like 6 year old spoiled milk, will Venum be any different?

Or will it be another 50% off coupon for Christmas for these fighters

<1>

Venum has better gear so it will be nicer mma appropriate clothes. Money wise I would guess it would a bit more money but doubt it. I am theorizing(hoping) they at least allow one sponsor on the short to give fighters a chance to earn extra income. Will see I guess

From a purely selfish perspective I wanted to see the UFC sign a deal with one of the other mainstream sports brands, Venum make good gear but it doesn’t advance the image of the sport to have it as the outfitter.

At the very least it'll look much better than Reebok's power ranger shit. Venum has quality designs.

From a purely selfish perspective I wanted to see the UFC sign a deal with one of the other mainstream sports brands, Venum make good gear but it doesn’t advance the image of the sport to have it as the outfitter.
The opposite for me, I want MMA to stay a fist-fight-in-a-cage niche, going the way of sportsball will ruin human cockfighting. Very happy with venum getting the deal.

i think it was reported that the sponsor pay would go up. i doubt by much.

Venum doesn't have money like that. I wouldn't expect a significant bump. We may see the average fighter get a little more and the super stars getting a little less. Like Reebok had a stand alone deal independent of the UFC deal with certain stars. It seems unlikely Venum could afford Conor money.

With reebok set to expire like 6 year old spoiled milk, will Venum be any different?

Or will it be another 50% off coupon for Christmas for these fighters

<1>
Why would the compensation be any different? If anything it would be smaller. Reebok has deeper pockets than Venum I’d assume.

Back