Rumored Will Venum help fighter pay?

Venum... just the name itself doesnt sound promising.

I never owned anything by Venum, but god damn it sounds bad...

Venum is a well known MMA brand in the Mixed martial art community. They make pretty good shorts I’ve used them for a couple of my fights. I’d rather represent a brand made specifically for MMA athletes than something that is a basketball apparel companies side hustle. Just my two cents.

towards the topic: it likely won’t bump the fees much towards the fighters, the bar is set so painfully low so from a financial perspective it isn’t fiscally responsible for the UFC. Why just magically let the fighters reap more revenue if they can continue hoarding it themselves.

Last edited:
Snow doesn't just magically appear on Las Vegas driveways.

giphy.gif

Venum is a well known MMA brand in the Mixed martial art community. They make pretty good shorts I’ve used them for a couple of my fights. I’d rather represent a brand made specifically for MMA athletes than something that is a basketball apparel companies side hustle. Just me two cents.
Does Venum even have enough money?

The gear will be better but I'm not sure that Venum is rolling in the dough?

Does Venum even have enough money?
I’m actually shocked if this is true. I didn’t realize they were doing big things like that. If so good for them though. I’m curious as to why Tapout didn’t get a shot at this though. They’ve always supported the UFC in the early days and constantly sponsored fighters, as well as had a up and coming fighter show similar to the contenders series. One of their founding fathers Mask is in the UFC hall of fame.

Reebok was low tier and now they downgraded even more.

In the end its about payment to fighters and Reebok paid a lot more! than what was secured for fighter pay by the UFC. Fertittas stole a big fat chunk of this money that was deliberate for fighter pay. The lies about this when they had to disclose because of the sale were funny in some kind but more just showed how criminal scum Fertittas were.

Without these criminals at least a higher percentage of payment by Venum will end in the fighters pockets.

Venum will get more out of the deal than Reebok in terms of exposure and are a smaller brand so money going the other way is almost certain to be less. It was imperative for UFC to get a deal with a ‘mainstream’ sports brand prior to the sale so I expect they probably swallowed some aspects of it to make that happen. Now it’s going to be all about dollars and cents so even though it’s likely to be less overall money the company isn’t about to start giving significantly more to the fighters.

They are pretty well known brand for actual gear - their gloves etc are pretty top end for mass market stuff

Seeing as the UFC determines how much sponsor money fighters get...nope.

The only people who can help fighter pay are the fighters themselves. Unfortunately most of them are too selfish and only care about themselves.

I think it will be structured a bit differently to Reebok. I'm not convinced Venum has the money to handover the money upfront like Reebok do and I think it's probably more based around merchandise sales than anything. So someone like Conor might get new fight shorts for every fight.

Back