Will UFC return to Denver? UFC 150 and 135 revisited

If they do go back to Denver, they need to avoid putting heavies on the card. Having 265lb dudes fight at altitude was not a great idea.

Definitely. I think the whole card suffers from it.

UFC 150 was for me one of Joe Silva's worst matchmaking jobs. I can live with the main event, and even the co-main, but the first 3 fights on the main card were always going to be mediocre.

Lawrence- Holloway had no business being on the main card, only happened because Lawrence was on TUF (where he sucked). Then you had Shields and Okami fighting plugs. Of course those fights were always going to be snoozers (Okami can be in good fights, but he needs an opponent to tango... Shields for me is always a bore)

4.gif

Hunt/Rothwell was a huge gasfest but a somewhat entertaining one. We nearly had ADCC Hunt!

Don't get me wrong- I really enjoyed that fight. But you could tell that fighting at elevation was pretty ridiculous for such huge dudes. I wish ol' Hunt-o had gotten that sub. Alas! At least he won the fight.

Yeah, those Browne/Broughton and Rothwell/Hunt fights ended up being the worst fights on the card. Maybe there's something to that.

(edit) somehow I got it in my head that Browne and Rothwell had fought, not far off though.

As awful as those HW fights were, they did give us a few memorable spots - Hunt going for an armbar, and a preview of Browne's performance against Werdum. At one point, if I remember correctly, Browne just sort of fell into a takedown onto Broughton.

Back