Will UFC cough up the cash to make Usman/Colby?

Colby should get paid 15k + 10% Reebok coupon for his title fight

If he wants anything more, they should cut him on the spot.

Because fighters are grossly underpaid as confirmed my UFC lawsuit court documents (UFC 80% of revenue vs fighters 20%)
well maybe the fighters should start their own fighters league to pay themselves.... oh wait

of course the boss gets 80%.... they did all the legal/licensing/ marketing/ upfront capital legwork..... do you know how much it cost to produce a single TV sporting event?

so the fighters can go out and pay for lawyers and licensing and book MSG and a production crew, ring side doctors, cutmen and announcers and commentators and ring girls ,etc etc etc and see how much money they have left over after paying themselves "big money".... most likely that endeavour would be in the negative cash flow realm.

or hell, if you think it is so easy, you could procure the capital and start your own mma org and pay all the fighters $4M per fight and you would be a hero, what's stopping you? it is super easy dude :)

Is this fight really worth big money? Colby vs. Woodley was really the fight everyone wanted to see anyway.
Welterweight has some great fighters, but those guys at the top: Usman, Covington, and Edwards; all lack charisma. Would watch all of them on a fight night card, or co-main on a PPV, but none of these guys has the cache to headline a big card yet. They all need to be built and 2 out of 3 are playing hardball with social currency and capital that they don't have yet.
Just forget Colby altogether, make Usman vs. Edwards fast to get it over with, and winner fights the winner of Masvidal vs. Diaz.

Neither one of them is worth a fraction of Connor and even worth less the fraction of Nate Diaz if that means anything. Both of them are total dogshit in the entertainment Department. They'll get paid $500,000 a piece and like it or they can both fuck right off.

Or will they lowball both fighters and make them fight anyway?

Will U Fight Cheap pay Usman and Colby or will they move on without them?

Colby will never take that fight, no matter how much they pay him.

S
Because fighters are grossly underpaid as confirmed my UFC lawsuit court documents (UFC 80% of revenue vs fighters 20%)
if UFC is so bad then why are the most financial stable MMA fighters currently in the UFC and made their money in the UFC.

Both are boring inside the cage and very hard to listen to outside the cage, imo this fight should be a fight night headliner.

S

if UFC is so bad then why are the most financial stable MMA fighters currently in the UFC and made their money in the UFC.

Yeah and whats really interesting for most fighters or workers are not how many % of the you get but whats actually getting into your bank account.
How ever you slice it UFC pays better on average than any other org.
Hell Bellator still pays guys 2000 a fight or even less.
But for some reason people never complain about that.

usman is the chammp, they will clearly pay him.

but colby is the one they can fuck with and not match what he wants. someone else will take the fight. who knows what colby is asking for, but its funny his lawler fight he got paid 45k to show. i bet he is asking for a couple hundred k to fight (200k-300k).
He got 350k to show vs RDA for the interim, then down to 45+45 for Lawler. This one would be for the real belt, so going by disclosed pays of other title fights he probably asked something like 500k flat. Doubtful he gets anywhere close to that. The UFC backed him up with promotion at 225 and that ppv bombed in a fight where he did 25 mins of hugging. The views and his fight against Lawler weren't much of an improvement.

I hope so.
Ain’t like I’m personally paying the fighters.

He got 350k to show vs RDA for the interim, then down to 45+45 for Lawler. This one would be for the real belt, so going by disclosed pays of other title fights he probably asked something like 500k flat. Doubtful he gets anywhere close to that. The UFC backed him up with promotion at 225 and that ppv bombed in a fight where he did 25 mins of hugging. The views and his fight against Lawler weren't much of an improvement.
cheers buds. i forgot to look at the rda fight pay since that would be more akin what he would ask.

Yeah and whats really interesting for most fighters or workers are not how many % of the you get but whats actually getting into your bank account.
How ever you slice it UFC pays better on average than any other org.
Hell Bellator still pays guys 2000 a fight or even less.
But for some reason people never complain about that.
I just don't understand it. Yes, UFC fighters should get paid more but it's just landscape currently of the sport. The pay has gone up significantly as the years went by and the UFC has gotten fighters who otherwise wouldn't have a career after fighting with jobs. Hardy,Florian,Felder, Bisping, Noguiera, Cormier,Forrest etc. And even when the UFC does pay well for a example in Khabib, fans still shit on them.

Usman & Colby are just trying to get their worth, but what they don't understand is they both don't have that "it" factor at the moment. maybe Colby but it's still yet to be seen. I have a feeling UFC will strip Usman & not offer him a fight for a while if they keep playing grab ass. Either maybe these guys go to Bellator, I heard they make good money according to fans.

I just don't understand it. Yes, UFC fighters should get paid more but it's just landscape currently of the sport. The pay has gone up significantly as the years went by and the UFC has gotten fighters who otherwise wouldn't have a career after fighting with jobs. Hardy,Florian,Felder, Bisping, Noguiera, Cormier,Forrest etc. And even when the UFC does pay well for a example in Khabib, fans still shit on them.

Usman & Colby are just trying to get their worth, but what they don't understand is they both don't have that "it" factor at the moment. maybe Colby but it's still yet to be seen. I have a feeling UFC will strip Usman & not offer him a fight for a while if they keep playing grab ass. Either maybe these guys go to Bellator, I heard they make good money according to fans.

Well they are former UFC fighters, Scott is known to pay them very well.
On the card with Chael vs Rampage (They made IIR 300K or similar) Chandler was also fighting and made a flat 50K..

Well they are former UFC fighters, Scott is known to pay them very well.
On the card with Chael vs Rampage (They made IIR 300K or similar) Chandler was also fighting and made a flat 50K..
that's the thing though you kinda have a name and established fan based for Coker to sign you up. I remember Aljamain Sterling tested out the free agency thinking Bellator was going to give him a nice contract. Months later it comes out that Bellator never offered him or was even in their radar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back