Will UFC 202: McGregor-Diaz II breat the ppv buy rate record?

Will UFC 202 become the biggest selling PPV in UFC history?

• Total voters
Nope. McGregor's stock has gone down since the loss. It will still sell, but it's not even as compelling as the first fight.
Exactly what I think. I think it will make 1 million but nowhere near UFC 100's record of 1.6 million.

I'll be surprised if it does 1 million. Why watch a fight you already know whats gonna happen? Not like first fight was close. Conor got handled on feet and on the ground.

No offense, but you're stupid if you're surprised at 1mil

conor holds the record, not brock. Different opinions from different experts. Many seem to disagree. But anyone who thinks that this fight isn't going to break every record there are not thinking clearly.
UFC 100 holds the record. Don't believe shit Dana or Conor ever says. They're both full of shit. I'll take Meltzer's word over both of theirs any day of the week and twice in Sunday.

It's not going to be nearly as many ppv buys.

1.1M - 1.2M tops.

Conor got exposed. Even the most casual of fans understands tapping out.

Will it breat it ?

1791d1348536119-any-one-else-think-spelling_police.jpg

It will be close, I think probably in 1.4m - 1.8m range

I predict this to do 1.2

Conor will say it did 2.7 when asked a year from now

Last edited:
It'll do big numbers still. 1.6 is probably out of reach. However if they have a great press conference and weigh in that can all change. That's what sold the fight last time, so if they can do it again they can top it.

Meltzer can't get fight pass bought PPV numbers. So whatever number he gets may not even be right.

conor holds the record, not brock. Different opinions from different experts. Many seem to disagree. But anyone who thinks that this fight isn't going to break every record there are not thinking clearly.

Lol Conor fanboys reaching

Breat iiit, breat it
Breat iiit, breat it
No one wants to breat it, breat it

I'd be very surprised if it breaks a million. Just not enough promotion.

Why do people care sooo much about PPV numbers and etc?

Am I missing something here?

Fans like to dissect everything and I guess this is one of the things. I prefer these types of threads over the unfunny troll threads.

Nope.

It will still do VERY well though. I'm guessing around 1.2-1.3 million.

That presser where they went back and forth last time made a HUGE impact on sales imo. The views on youtube alone were incredible.

This time they have been MUCH more respectful of each other, and Conor has really toned down the trash talk. I think that will slightly affect how many folks tune in. But it should still be up in the top 5-10 UFC ppv buys ever.

No. Conor lost a lost of fanboys after getting exposed. Note the amount and type of Conor threads before and after 196.

It's not even gonna beat 200. The hype just isn't there. I'll be surprised if it cracks 1 mil.

Alot depends on this weeks press conferences, if Mcgregor or Nate come out with some zingers or a slap or two gets thrown that will drum the interest right up but if its just bland or a technical fuck up like that other conference where Diaz couldn't hear anything it will be flatter than the first. Still do more numbers than other fighters would ever dream of getting but not record breaking.

No more PPV's for Irish fans so that's quite a few out.

Lol please. Dude tweeted a fake retirement and the sports world went fucking crazy.

He's bigger than ever.
He's really not. If he beat Nate with an uppercut like he predicted he would be MUCH bigger than he is right now. He got throttled by a guy who was laying on a beach two weeks before their fight. Same's gonna happen again, and the Conor mystique will be all but gone.

No. It's got three fights I'm interested in, and nine I don't give a fuck about.

UFC 100 holds the record. Don't believe shit Dana or Conor ever says. They're both full of shit. I'll take Meltzer's word over both of theirs any day of the week and twice in Sunday.

It was even mentioned on the Bad Blood show by the narrator that UFC 196 did more buys than any other PPV event. Meltzer is only guessing, he could be off by a lot.

Back