Will Tiger Woods break the record for majors in golf?

Will he break the major's record?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jack Nicklaus has won 18 majors in golf. Tiger Woods has won 15. Woods is 44 years old, do you think he'll break Nicklaus record?

Tiger has tied Sam Snead for the most tournament wins with 82. So it's inevitable he'll break that record. I'd be surprised if he doesn't.

But the Jack Nicklaus one is going to be a lot harder to beat considering they only play 4 majors in a year.

So will see.

Gonna be tough. I think he can win the masters a couple more times. And maybe at Andrews. I say he ties.
Still the GOAT regardless. No one has been more dominant.

Gonna be tough. I think he can win the masters a couple more times. And maybe at Andrews. I say he ties.
Still the GOAT regardless. No one has been more dominant.
The nobody has been more dominant thing is kinda silly since we're talking about someone being more dominant and him trying to be as dominant

The nobody has been more dominant thing is kinda silly since we're talking about someone being more dominant and him trying to be as dominant
Not really. We are talking about one aspect, major wins. There are so many other aspects, world number one, scoring average. Strength of field. Years ago when someone asked jack how he compared to his predecessors, he said he faced stronger competition. Based on strength of field, tiger has historically faced the toughest fields. His WgC wins are next level.

Not really. We are talking about one aspect, major wins. There are so many other aspects, world number one, scoring average. Strength of field. Years ago when someone asked jack how he compared to his predecessors, he said he faced stronger competition. Based on strength of field, tiger has historically faced the toughest fields. His WgC wins are next level.
Is LeBron the GOAT?

It'll be tough. With the improved PED testing it will be harder to keep his body on track to win those last 4. Maybe if he could catch fire over the course the next 2 years, or even pull out another Tiger Slam. It's a bummer, it was cool to see Roger break the Grand Slam record, it would cool to see Tiger with the Majors record.

We're arguing eras and not play type. Sure. But dominance? No
If you use the same world number one ranking system, jack doesn’t sit a top all golfers like tiger did for the better part of over a decade. If you look at the scoring titles, vardons etc, jack doesn’t come close. Not many if anyone dominated a sport like tiger.

Problem is with golfers, is that it seems every few years someone is the greatest. We see this with rory. Golf is barely a sport and the fact that new nerds keep coming in and chasing records proves my point

Woods still golfs? Last I heard about him he got dumped by his old lady for cheating. When was the last time he won a major?

Problem is with golfers, is that it seems every few years someone is the greatest. We see this with rory. Golf is barely a sport and the fact that new nerds keep coming in and chasing records proves my point
That’s the thing. Tiger was supposed to be a flash in the pan. He held that. Don’t get me wrong, I love jack, I just think if they went head to head, tiger wins.

I thought he was gonna crush it but then they took away his hookers and blow. Rehab did a number on him......

Highly doubtful at this point. His body is too broken down and the competition level is much higher than when he was in his prime.

That said, I would love it if he proves me wrong.

Unlikely in my books as much as I would like to see it happen.

Way I see it a lot has to go his way for him to be able to do it and he's not in control of all the factors.

Watching him the last few years, he seems to have lost his ability to go crazy low. Like shoot 64/65 type thing. I think he needs the tournament where the winning score is US Open like without the conditions. A score of around -10 has a really good shot of taking the tournament. He can still grind out scores of -3/-4 for 4 rounds. If it's a crapshoot of -25 like the PGA can be, someone is going to go out one day with like a -8 and cut him off. A Bryson can go out and overpower a course one day then ride the lead to the end.

It won't be the US because his accuracy isn't there anymore and no matter what his mind tells him, his body can't handle hacking and trying to power the ball out of the deep rough.

The Open Championship, I guess he has a chance because if the conditions are bad, people can't overpower the course. But if it's cold Tiger's buggered because of his back. 4 days on hot windy and he's in with a shot.. He played well last time but couldn't press past Francesco Molinari.

From what I've read, Tiger's focused solely on majors. Like spending 2/3 months practicing solely for The Masters. Practicing the shot shapes Augusta requires etc. I guess he could win it 4 times before he he hits 50, but who know if his body will allow it and that's excluding that chasing pack

Funny if you asked this question 10 years ago it would have been 100% yes. Now I don't think he has any shot. Not sure if his decline came to his knee injury or losing his wife/mistresses

Back