Will they bring back Miguel Torres soon?

They will bring him back as soon as Nick Diaz wins a fight.

Happy retirement Miguel!

I figured they could still sign him in spite of the knee and wait for him to recover, but I guess it's unlikely with his performances.

Isn't he like 0-5 currently? That pick from Glory is kinda brutal lol..

how bad was it? he fought for another 4 mins, it can't have been that terrible

Ligaments are funny bitches. I trained a half-hour on a torn ACL and LCL. I just felt wobbly and unsettled on my right leg but thought I was just tired. Then after the training it started immediately inflating and for a solid week my right leg couldn't handle simple walks.

Took 4 months to rehab to the point where I could train fully again.

Now, I don't know the extent of Torres' injuries, but I'm just saying fighting on it afterwards isn't necessarily a sign things are okay.

Ligaments are funny bitches. I trained a half-hour on a torn ACL and LCL. I just felt wobbly and unsettled on my right leg but thought I was just tired. Then after the training it started immediately inflating and for a solid week my right leg couldn't handle simple walks.

Took 4 months to rehab to the point where I could train fully again.

Now, I don't know the extent of Torres' injuries, but I'm just saying fighting on it afterwards isn't necessarily a sign things are okay.

thanks for the info, i was assuming a bad injury to that part of the leg would be pretty hard to fight through. regardless i don't think torres will be coming back (or really that he should)

thanks for the info, i was assuming a bad injury to that part of the leg would be pretty hard to fight through. regardless i don't think torres will be coming back (or really that he should)

To be honest, I've heard some people say the pain from a knee-ligament injury can be severely painful. I've heard just as many say "I didn't even know it was injured for X months". So it's just one of those things depending on the grade, adrenaline, etc...

Hopefully Torres was just a nerve pinch, maybe a very slight tear, and then mostly just bad-looking but not actually that bad.

I know mine only really hurt about 48 hours later. It wasn't severe pain. it was just random pangs and bolts of pain. Then when I'd walk, I noticed I couldn't fully stride confidently. It was like an instability that I wasn't even fully conscious of. In other words, I wasn't really making a conscious choice to lessen my stride or gingerly move... my body just didn't allow a full range of motion. It was the first time I really felt old.

tumblr_nifumsfFjB1tugoyjo1_400.gif

Back