Will there ever be another Conor?

Of course there will be other fighters to win multiple belts and possibly have a money fight with a boxer. But do you think we as fans will ever feed into the trash talking and drama again to the extent that we have with Conor?
Who watches MMA for the drama? That's when you know the sport is going down the drain.

Once in a lifetime human being

He hasn't fought in MMA in years and there are daily threads about him made by his 'haters'

His haters for the most part being fat virgins
And his nutthuggers aren't chirping?
Dudes live vicariously through him on social media and constant act as if his "effort" against Mayweather is noteworthy.

His trash talk isn't even that good most of the time. So he'll almost certainly be matched in that area. But will MMA ever see a bigger superstar than McGregor? Who knows, but definitely possible. There'll certainly be other huge superstars regardless.

Nope. Conor is the GOAT, as in Greatest of All Time. That includes all future time.

And his nutthuggers aren't chirping?
Dudes live vicariously through him on social media and constant act as if his "effort" against Mayweather is noteworthy.
You're in this thread posting, proving my point
<{yahyou}>

Marketing angle: he banged Claudia gadelha and made me realise for first time she wasn’t a lesbian, I can’t be the only one to see this marketing angle has been untapped.... Claudia of course was tapped
<DCWhoa><mma4>

His whole act is embarrassing. I cringe whenever he speaks. I’ve realized there is no good or bad trash talking - it is just something you either do or don’t. The pro wrestling crossover fans will eat it up. Will someone else try to cater to that crowd? Of course.

sure they already got that lanky kid with the afro lol

Of course there will be other fighters to win multiple belts and possibly have a money fight with a boxer. But do you think we as fans will ever feed into the trash talking and drama again to the extent that we have with Conor?

Well, if Ali is Mount Everest, Conor is
images

So yeah. We might never have another Ali, but a lot of Conors will come and go.

Ever? Sure, hopefully in our life time.

I think somehow in your head you think Conor is something more than he is in reality

I certainly hope not.

Casually forgot GSP. GSP fights used to be events. I remember everybody getting together for them. I also remember the times when you couldnt get a seat at a bar for UFC unless you went 3 hours early. Oh how times have changed.

GSP was also polite and acted somewhat like a decent human being unlike Conor.

GSP was also polite and acted somewhat like a decent human being unlike Conor.
GSP was greased to the gills.

Conor is as clean as it gets in great fight after great fight.

Darren Till is shaping up to be the next big thing.

Your irrational conor loving has carried over to Jimmy....

Pico will murder MiniGregor....

Nah, my disdain for little fkn mouthpieces has always been strong. There's no respect by your two boys, new school fighters have zero respect (mostly the Irish). He just happens to make himself heard, so when I see it, I call it. I do however laugh at the fact he's an even smaller, cockier, manlet (that sounds funny), than his Idol.

Just my observations.
Different cultures though. He's a young irish kid with confidence. It happens and it's how it is. You can't compare that to some of the quieter fighters from other countries - most of which either don't speak English or it's not their first language.

You bring a kid to an MMA gym at age 13, mix in the dublin scene, characters like Conor, artem and co. and you're going to have some confidence and cockiness at the age of 13. He'd respect other fighters for what they are doing but he doesn't need to respect them as people. Respect is earned.

Back