Will there ever be a time when you rank the bellator champ above the ufc champ

Nemkov > Jan
Lima > Usman
Pitbull > Volkanovski

b533308cb5fe7d617ceeb34fdfb67ecf.gif

I don't really understand why people think Lima has such a great chance against Usman. He's prone to getting against the cage and giving double unders too easily, which is a recipe for disaster against Usman (or Colby for that matter).

I think he does well against the rest of the division, but those two (and probably Khamzat tbh) are stylistic nightmares for him, imo.

No because of UFC bias.

In reality, there's no proof that Bellator champions are better or worse than UFC champions, with the exception of those who have fought in the UFC. Eg. Ryan Bader.

Nemkov could easily be better than Blachowicz. Lima could be better than Usman. There's no way to know for now.

Just putting this here for everyone! MOOSE WOULD GET ABSOLUTELY BODYBAGGED BY IZZY!

Yeah there are a lot of anti-UFC fans who just so badly want to say the UFC doesn't have the best fighters in the world for some reason. They were saying the same about Justin before he came over and he is now 5-3 in the UFC.
There are many more who blindly accept the UFC champ as the automatic #1 in the world. It is likely that Nemkov would beat Jan. It is possible that Lima or Moose could beat the current UFC champs.

All you have to do is look at Benson and Pettis when they got to the UFC. Bendo went undefeated from his UFC debut to the title. Pettis lost one then went on a win streak to the title. Look at what happened to MW and HW when Strikeforce was acquired.

Certainly the UFC is the deepest and has more #1 fighters than any other org. To think that they have every undisputed #1 is asinine.

Edit: also, please direct me to people saying that Gaethje was the best LW in the world before he came over. I never saw it. I saw him called the most exciting, but never the best.

Yep.

Nemkov is better than Jan IMO.

Since PRIDE folded, there hasn't been an organization that can seriously rival the UFC, although Bellator, WEC, and Strikeforce all proved there are legit fighters outside.

Kinda how I see it. I like big rivalries and cross competition...

Patricio at FW is pretty close, I think he beats Volk if they fight. I'm not sure he clears the division or anything like that though, the longer guys like Holloway, Kattar, Zabit and Ortega seem like tough matchups. I think Patricio is top 5 though.

Lima is great and definitely top 10. He and Rory were breakout prospects around the same time and age, Lima went to Bellator and Rory to the UFC. Lima has mostly fought strikers at 170 since the Askren loss (Lorenz Larkin, Koreshkov, Daley, MVP and a pretty shopworn Rory) so its hard to tell how he'd stack up vs Colby/Usman/Leon/Chimaev as Lima does gas and was dominated by Askren albeit years ago hasnt fought the type of fighters to prove hes improved in those regards.

Mousasi is getting old at 35 and he does have days where he does and doesn't show up mentally. I do think he has the skills to be a UFC champ, but I don't know that he has the abilities anymore. Definitely a top 10 MW, probably top 5 still.

Tough opponents though. Conor, Dustin and he beat Gaethje, RDA, Pettis (former UFC champs)
Yeah that's not too terrible but I still feel like the RDA win was a bit lucky and Pettis hasn't been the same since the RDA fight. Pettis win was a SD as well. Also Pettis has a losing record in fights that have gone the distance and has only managed 3 finishes in his last 13 fights.

You could make the argument for Nemkov at the moment right now since Jones got stripped

Anyone else is just wishful thinking

Especially the King of being overrated, Gegard Mousasi.

Lima is easily the best champ in Bellator
Not Pitbull?

Not really

Its more like in soccer (football) where the Premier League (UFC) vs Bundesliga (Bellator)

There's a lot of players in Bundesliga who would be elite in the Premier League but the average is a bit better in the Premier
I think a better comparison is the Premier League v the Portugese, Belgium or Dutch leagues. The Bundesliga and EPL are both world class

I think Patricio, Nemkov, and Lima are the best of their weightclasses right now

No because of UFC bias.

In reality, there's no proof that Bellator champions are better or worse than UFC champions, with the exception of those who have fought in the UFC. Eg. Ryan Bader.

Nemkov could easily be better than Blachowicz. Lima could be better than Usman. There's no way to know for now.
Well.. many guys train together. Im sure coaches can tell who the better fighters are in some cases.

When the UFC goes out of business. Bellator is a joke promotion.

Back