Will There ever be a better Line Up of champions than this one ?

Yes. Pre-manlet days.

rc1thj.jpg

TJ
Max
Khabib
Woodley
Whittaker
DC
DC

Arguably better right now

In terms of champions, no.

Each one of them is either GOAT of their weightclass or just shy of it, all champion at one time.

Wow that is a crazy lineup! I think I would pick all those guys in their primes vs the current champs. Expect maybe Frankie over Khabib, and Cruz vs TJ is a tossup.

Would love to see prime Cain vs DC... shit, I would love to see all the fights!

Remove Edgar and Can Velazquez and now we are talking. Two fighters who are worshiped by their super fans but in reality are not cream of the crop.

Prime GSP, Anderson, Jones and Cain easily beat their successors imo.

Aldo five+ years back was also quite a bit better than he is today. Much less mileage. Would be a different fight vs Holloway imo

So I don't think todays champs can compete. They are really good though.

But that line up is just legendary. We won't see anything come close in a while imo.

I agree. WEC Aldo would wreck Holloway IMO. His reaction time and speed was another level. Holloways only chance would be to out pace him in the later rounds.

In terms of champions, no.

Each one of them is either GOAT of their weightclass or just shy of it, all champion at one time.

This.

You have 3 of 4 GOAT candidates, and division GOATs in the same photo.

I hate to even say this because without injury I believe he would have been the best HW champ we've ever had but Cain is the weak link in the line up as of now.

Why does Aldo look like Kenny Florian in that picture?

Back