Will ther ever be another creatine?

Bobby Jacobsen

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Something that works for almost everybody and increases strength and puts on some solid weight. It's been like 12 years since creatine hit big and I've heard a ton of "next big thing" promises but nothing has come of any of them.

Will lightening strike again?

ehh, supposedly gakic. the ads even say its the next creatine. but im not buyin into it until i find out more about it.

Every year there is a next big thing. Andro, methoxyisoflavones, ecedysterone, myostatin blockers, cissus RX :D etc.. The problem is, none of it works. More evidence for my argument that 90% of the crap out there dosen't work. If something works there is normally more than enough evidence for its efficacy. Nobody really discusses if ECA, steroids, creatine, a good diet, exercise etc. work because we all know they do and science has been able to back that up with unequivical studies.

I think the "next big thing" will come from the natural world. This isn't a supplement, but here is an example:
Salvia Divinorum, or Salvia D, is the most potent hallucinagen in the world. At a price of roughly 5 dollars a trip (which lasts for only 5-10 minutes as the world gets ripped out from under your feet) with a pot like buzz afterward makes it very useful to recovering drug addicts. It is also legal and unregulated in the United States, for now.
I have a feeling that a plant or insect or something is floating around out there that'll really work for everyone like creatine. At least that is my hope. What few regulations that are in place really hamper research as far as new synthetics go.

Rjkd12 said:
Every year there is a next big thing. Andro, methoxyisoflavones, ecedysterone, myostatin blockers, cissus RX :D etc.. The problem is, none of it works. More evidence for my argument that 90% of the crap out there dosen't work. If something works there is normally more than enough evidence for its efficacy. Nobody really discusses if ECA, steroids, creatine, a good diet, exercise etc. work because we all know they do and science has been able to back that up with unequivical studies.

If it works, count on the FDA banning it. 1-test and others worked for many people, but all were banned. The FDA has been after creatine for a long time. You see Ephedra was banned, and is now back. If it works, big phram wants their hands on it, so it doesn't stay legal for long..

eljamaiquino said:
If it works, count on the FDA banning it. 1-test and others worked for many people, but all were banned. The FDA has been after creatine for a long time. You see Ephedra was banned, and is now back. If it works, big phram wants their hands on it, so it doesn't stay legal for long..

Conspiracy theories suck.

Things are banned if thier proved to be harmfull to the idiot that takes it like candy.

eljamaiquino said:

I agree that if something, especially something that it not illegal in itself but does give very similar results as something illegal, will be banned if it works. This is because what it does (such as hormone regulation) is illegal, but not because big pharm wants in on it. You will not see big pharm pick up creatine, ephedra or any other supplement that works right after the FDA bans it to make profit. They make enough money with other things that are not bought by weekend warriors. Ephedra was banned because it was thought to cause injury, but then was re-evaluated and decided to come back. Big Pharm had nothing to do with it.

Additionally the FDA has been after creatine for a while in attempts to see if it is safe or not, not because they wanted to ban it and let big pharm companies sell it.

There's only one creatine....which comes in many forms and with many attachments.

So no, there will never be another creatine.

finnegan said:
I think the "next big thing" will come from the natural world. This isn't a supplement, but here is an example:
Salvia Divinorum, or Salvia D, is the most potent hallucinagen in the world. At a price of roughly 5 dollars a trip (which lasts for only 5-10 minutes as the world gets ripped out from under your feet) with a pot like buzz afterward makes it very useful to recovering drug addicts. It is also legal and unregulated in the United States, for now.
I have a feeling that a plant or insect or something is floating around out there that'll really work for everyone like creatine. At least that is my hope. What few regulations that are in place really hamper research as far as new synthetics go.

You're kinda forgetting that most of the supplements people take now DO originate in the natural world. Protein, creatine, hormone shit...it all comes from the natural world, at least originally. Sure now its refined and/or synthesized, but creatine comes from meat, protein comes from a variety of sources, and i dont really know where HGH comes from, but you get my drift.

Rjkd12 said:
I agree that if something, especially something that it not illegal in itself but does give very similar results as something illegal, will be banned if it works. This is because what it does (such as hormone regulation) is illegal, but not because big pharm wants in on it. You will not see big pharm pick up creatine, ephedra or any other supplement that works right after the FDA bans it to make profit. They make enough money with other things that are not bought by weekend warriors. Ephedra was banned because it was thought to cause injury, but then was re-evaluated and decided to come back. Big Pharm had nothing to do with it.

Additionally the FDA has been after creatine for a while in attempts to see if it is safe or not, not because they wanted to ban it and let big pharm companies sell it.

The ephedra was not brought back by the FDA. A court decision was ruled against the FDA. They are still trying to get rid of it.

Big Pharm does have influence. Ephedra is more effectie than Orlistsat, Fen-Phen, and the other RX fat loss pills, and less dangerous. They're not happy that they can't make money off it.

finnegan said:

I'm familiar with Salvia D, but I have no idea what you are getting at. How does it relate to the topic?

creepingcharlie said:
I'm familiar with Salvia D, but I have no idea what you are getting at. How does it relate to the topic?
It relates in this way:
The most powerful hallucinagen in the world is still legal, and unsynthesized. It went unknown for a long time.
The "next big thing" in the supplement world that could give massive gains, speed recovery, etc may also be found to be growing natural and unsythesized somewhere, and therefore escape government regulation for awhile.

Back