Will their be showboating / antics in Silva vs Diaz?

pincmil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Will hands be throw in the air and other funny antics in this fight?
I hope so because it's pretty hilarious.

Showboating and antics montage 3:17 into this vid:
[YT]8_kzXr7idBM[/YT]

You serious? There will be more hands up taunting than punches thrown

Without a doubt. Especially from Silva I'd imagine.

I am imagining that they will do the respect fight. No showboating.

Only chance of no showboating/clowning will be if Diaz dominates, which does not seem likely.

Lol the machismo in this fight is going to hit biblical levels!!!

I am imagining that they will do the respect fight. No showboating.

This is how it will be, so far they have shown nothing but respect. After the Weidman thing Anderson isn't gonna come out showboating and Diaz has a lot of respect for Anderson

Of course. It's why I'm hoping for a double KO

I doubt it. I don't believe Silva is "showboating" as much as looking for an excuse to keep his hands low to avoid a takedown. I find that his showboating is typically reserved for fights against wrestlers and bjj fighters.

Despite Diaz' bjj credentials, I think he will use his boxing against Silva so Silva won't need to showboat to defend the takedown attempts.

I see the first three rounds being taunts, counter-taunts, taunts while changing levels, and taunt feints.

In the third round Diaz will land a Stockton Slap, at which point Silva will punch a hole into Nick's chest, rip out his heart, and then taunt Diaz with his still-beating as he collapses.

Who knows......depends on Anderson.

Hell yeah theres going to be showboating. Even in the sparring session he was doing his little tauntish headwork shenanigans. i mean i know its a legit evasive thing and its gotten him nasty Blows but theres definitely a bit of arrogance in the movement and hes my fav fighter and he MIGHT get away with it with diaz but i hope he knows better than to try that again with weidman.

Taunting, clowning, flipping the bird. Not a single strike though.

Back