Will the UFC193 catfish really fill a 70,000 seat stadium?

Attendance
A typical AFL match at Docklands Stadium
Record setting attendance at the 23 May 2012 State of Origin match between Queensland Maroons and the New South Wales Blues.

Largest attendance
Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom - 2014 International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses
19 October 2014
70,059 people "Etihad Stadium Records".

Largest entertainment event attendance
Robbie Williams Close Encounters Tour
18 December 2006
64,619 people "Etihad Stadium Records".
Largest series of Concerts
AC/DC
11, 13 & 15 February 2010
181,495 people
Largest Rugby Union attendance
2013 British and Irish Lions tour to Australia, 29 June 2013
Australia vs British and Irish Lions
56,771 people
Largest ODI Cricket attendance
Commonwealth Bank Series
38,364 people[29]
Largest A-League attendance
18 February 2007
Melbourne Victory vs Adelaide United
55,436 people[30]
Largest Rugby League attendance
State of Origin Game I, 23 May 2012
Queensland vs New South Wales
56,021 people [31]
Largest AFL attendance
Round 14, 5 July 2009
St Kilda vs Geelong
54,444 people [32]
Largest NRL attendance
Preliminary final, 23 September 2007
Melbourne Storm vs Parramatta
33,427 people [33]
Largest International Rules attendance
2nd test, 28 October 2005
Australia vs Ireland
45,428 people [34]
Largest Big Bash League attendance
Round 4, 4 January 2014
Melbourne Renegades vs Melbourne Stars
42,837 people [35]

As long as Jesus turns up!

Well by you saying it's bigger it sounds like you yourself are buying the hype.

We both know it's not "bigger" than Lawler/Condit in any way that actually matters to the sport, or a true fan. It's only bigger for Zuffa because more sheep will buy it.

I agree with this, but the UFC's business model isn't built around hardcores, it's built around the casual buy-in. So while Condit/Lawler would by far be the better, more satisfying match to watch as a fan of MMA, Ronda is the better match for securing dollars.

Well by you saying it's bigger it sounds like you yourself are buying the hype.

We both know it's not "bigger" than Lawler/Condit in any way that actually matters to the sport, or a true fan. It's only bigger for Zuffa because more sheep will buy it.

Bigger = more buys. That's pretty reasonable.

Is it bigger to the "true" fan? Well, apart from labeling someone (or yourself) as "true" is pretty lame, I aggree. As I did previously.

The "sheep" are the next generation of "true" fans. At some point in time, most of us were "sheep", buying into the hype of mma/ufc.

Not hot at any weight...does look better at weigh ins though, but that is 3 days a year, and her butt only gets flatter then despite her saying she has the best butt in MMA, it is pretty bad.

2B155C5200000578-3185216-Playing_tourist_UFC_champion_Ronda_Rousey_went_sightseeing_with_-a-1_1438780378932.jpg

2B155B0800000578-3185216-Playing_tourist_Ronda_flashed_her_lacy_black_bra_in_a_backless_b-a-2_1438780381701.jpg

2B2FF05800000578-3189624-image-a-44_1438968906761.jpg

Fuckin gross if you ask me.

JW's reduce Jesus' role versus regular Christians. He's just another created being.

You don't know shit.

According to Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus Christ is God's only son, our Messiah.

Quick Google: Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is God's "only-begotten Son", and that his life began in heaven. He is described as God's first creation and the "exact representation of God", but is believed to be a separate entity and not part of a Trinity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_beliefs

No, I am not a Jehovah's Witness, but I have studied with them extensively.

What separates me is I am not hardcore, but knowledgeable about it.

You are clearly just interjecting your ignorant shit in hopes of spreading your shit whenever you have a chance.

they still get Hunt KTFOing non-juiced Big Foot and a pretty decent fight in Bisping vs Whittaker

Not sure if you agree or disagree, but that second picture of Ronda from behind reminds me of those "people of walmart" type photos.

2B155B0800000578-3185216-Playing_tourist_Ronda_flashed_her_lacy_black_bra_in_a_backless_b-a-2_1438780381701.jpg

Walmart-Got-Swag-Fugly-Chicks-Around-The-World.jpg

I agree, had same in front of me 5 min ago too. Disgusting for an Athlete.
She should never talk about Arianny again.

Ronda is a bigger draw than Lawler-Condit.

It's not even debatable.

Not to some of the hardcore fans, no. If you're an elitist, I see why you would be bummed. But for the question at hand, the Rousey fight is bigger than the Lawler one.

And Taylor Swift sold more albums than Bocelli in recent years...same shit.

"Bigger" for who? Chicks, and newbs?

Bigger why? Cause Dana and Rogan say so?

I'm willing to bet it's not bigger for 99% of the posters here, or for anyone who's followed the sport for a while.

people here aren't paying the UFC's bills...hardcores aren't the target demographic.

If it were in my home town, I'd go see it. Thousands of fans are on the ufc aus facebook page saying they're not flying over for the card any more - myself included.

Was so gutted to hear the news about the cancellation, but if it happened after I bought tickets, i'd be ropeable.

If it were in my home town, I'd go see it. Thousands of fans are on the ufc aus facebook page saying they're not flying over for the card any more - myself included.

Was so gutted to hear the news about the cancellation, but if it happened after I bought tickets, i'd be ropeable.

ropeable? is that suicidal?

also...buy the PPV event tickets, ya fuckin goof!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back