Will the UFC announce the next WW contender after Conor fight?

Sigoff2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Noone knows the future but what is most likely? Is the post fight press conference the right time to announce it. If Conor loses, how quickly will this decision be made?

Sick of waiting for the news for the future of the most exciting division. I don't mind Conor as the next contender, and I also think people are way too down on Tyrone Woodley. As if it is his fault Hendricks pulled out. If it ain't Conor, I hope the UFC is at least considering guys like Woodley, Maia, or Diaz instead of the usual instant rematch fare. End rant.

I wouldn't put it past them. If so then it's absolutely fucked up to put 3 divisions on hold for one guy.

It would be absolutely stupid to let one person regardless of who it is hold three belts in a sport as chaotic and unpredictable as MMA, having said that the chances of Conor beating Lawler are pretty slim.

Conor is an active guy and if he beats RDA let him defend two belts, fight twice each year in two weight classes, but three? Pushing the limit and clogging up three weight classes and really it's only gonna hurt Conor in the long run with the weight cut and the fact that eventually someone will beat the crap out of him.

Why the hell would you want Maia vs Lawler over Condit/Lawler 2?

Ufc isn't going to let Connor put 3 divisions on hold.

Plus all the ppvs until July have main events. No reason to announce the next week title fight this soon

The timing for Maia doesn't work well, he's fighting in May and it's obvious that Lawler will be on UFC 200 in July. Woodley is talking a lot, but he lost all momentum because of waiting. I say Lawler vs Thompson and enough of rematches.

Why the hell would you want Maia vs Lawler over Condit/Lawler 2?

Ufc isn't going to let Connor put 3 divisions on hold.

Plus all the ppvs until July have main events. No reason to announce the next week title fight this soon

Conor.

If Conor and his team insist on taking on the welterweight division then the featherweight belt would have to be vacated because 3 divisions revolving around one athlete just isn't sensible.

If Conor and his team insist on taking on the welterweight division then the featherweight belt would have to be vacated because 3 divisions revolving around one athlete just isn't sensible.
You know what else isn't sensible? Dropping a belt in a division where you have a huge size advantage to go to a divisok where you are outsized and under powered. He's not gonna drop that strap. Only way he gets a ww title shot is if he defends both his belts or the UFC redivuloisly grants him a immediate shot

You know what else isn't sensible? Dropping a belt in a division where you have a huge size advantage to go to a divisok where you are outsized and under powered. He's not gonna drop that strap. Only way he gets a ww title shot is if he defends both his belts or the UFC redivuloisly grants him a immediate shot

You have to also take into account the muscle he'd of put on going up and how hard it already was for Conor making 145.

I think they should make Thompson vs Woodley (although Thompson and Woodley should get a title shot, more-so Thompson, than Woodley.) But, it would shut Woodley up, and keep Thompson busy, while Lawler fights.... Condit in a rematch?

I think they'll wait and see what happens with Conor. If he wins and decides to actually try WW he's going to be the next WW challenger and he'll have to drop the FW belt. If he loses he'll have to go down to FW again and defend his belt then they'll announce something in terms of the next WW title fight.

Giving Conor a WW title shot before Wonderboy would be a freakin travesty.

Conor should not get WW gold until defending his other 2 belts. He got the shot at LW with no defense cuz he smoked the only person to hold that belt in 13sec. RDA is not the "king" of the division and there are plenty who can most likely take it from both RDA and Mac

You guys need to put it back in your pants, the man as yet to defend his new FW belt, still as Rafael and his all around game, and some of you all have him facing off against Lawler..? This madness needz to stop bring back some rationality to mma Rafael please put a muffler on all this noise.

Wonderboy or Condit. Only 2 that make sense. Keep Conor in LW or FW

Almost took the OP serious until I seen the name "Diaz".

If Conor wins he will relinquish the FW belt and go for WW. He has the LW belt for insurance on the off chance Robbie beats him.

Back