Will the UFC Advertise the Conor/Khabib Fight in Russia?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Or are they doing that already?

Population 144 Million. MMA is very popular there.

Dana could say a few words in Russian. That little cross-cultural gesture of goodwill could sell another hundred thousand PPVs.

Its not on PPV in Russia
It will also be on about 5am
Yeah, I just found that out. How absurd. Few Russians are going to pay 60+$ for PPV anyway. There are 10s of millions of UFC fans in Russia, and most of them, I think, would pay maybe 10$ to watch the fight, which would still - despite the reduction in PPV cost - mean a huge money grab for the UFC. As it stands now, those Russian fans will probably all stream illegally. Good for them.

Yeah, I just found that out. How absurd. Few Russians are going to pay 60+$ for PPV anyway. There are 10s of millions of UFC fans in Russia, and most of them, I think, would pay maybe 10$ to watch the fight, which would still - despite the reduction in PPV cost - mean a huge money grab for the UFC. As it stands now, those Russian fans will probably all stream illegally. Good for them.

Its on TV there so they are making $$$.
WME supposedly negotiated a nice TV deal there last year

Russian state TV will broadcast the fight live for free

How it usually works is that a company in a country will have bought the rights to broadcast the fight, and then they will advertise it.

Edit: That said maybe the UFC are making some hype videos in russian, spanish etc to use in areas where people generally don't speak english. So IDK I guess?
I'd think not though. The company who owns the rights might advertise this card more than other cards and put it on pay per view though. That has happened with other McGregor fights before in countries were PPV is not common.

Last edited:
People forget that theres parts of Russia that are practically still in the stone age.

Russia gets it free... but we pay $65. Don't want to hear Dana crying about it being streamed then.

People forget that theres parts of Russia that are practically still in the stone age.
Which parts are those? I lived there for a year and traveled around some, and I never came across any near-Stone-Age people.

EDIT: Except for some of the Gypsies.

Last edited:
Why?
it was a legit Q & the convo has been non-trollish.

Your point is valid about hyping the event to cater to the Russian market
Why indeed. I don't know why I wrote that.

Back