Crime Will the new Work From Home economy have an effect on crime? Miami reports no murders for 7 weeks...

Conspiracy bro: "There are no murders because all shootings have been ordered to be reported as Covid-19 deaths"

Yeah, I'm sure the gang bangers are taking time off right now.
You realize gang members do things besides just try to get arrested for murder right?
Your racism is showing.
Business is booming for drugs.

You realize gang members do things besides just try to get arrested for murder right?
Your racism is showing.
Business is booming for drugs.

Yeah I know

real crime is up bigly in philly... but the city's claiming that crime is down... because/after they publicly announced that they basically stopped making arrests/policing.

so i don't know how much i'd trust crime stats right now.

real crime is up bigly in philly... but the city's claiming that crime is down... because/after they publicly announced that they basically stopped making arrests/policing.

so i don't know how much i'd trust crime stats right now.
So what is your evidence that crime is up "bigly" in Philly?

So what is your evidence that crime is up "bigly" in Philly?

exhibit a is the booming amount of murders (one of the few crimes they're bothering to record)
exhibit b is kensington, the open air heroin/fentanyl market... that was scary before this and downright hellacious now
exhibit c is the (increased) amount of crazy shit that happens on my block and the increase in amount of meth/heroin dealers i see when walking my dog

thanks for trying, though.

A lot. A buddy of mine is a police officer, and I was talking to him about this. He figured about 75% of his calls now are domestic incidents and it's only getting worse.
Yes this is true. We’ve had a murder related to that as well over here a couple weeks ago.

exhibit a is the booming amount of murders (one of the few crimes they're bothering to record)
exhibit b is kensington, the open air heroin/fentanyl market... that was scary before this and downright hellacious now
exhibit c is the (increased) amount of crazy shit that happens on my block and the increase in amount of meth/heroin dealers i see when walking my dog

thanks for trying, though.
Oh okay, so anecdotal evidence from your eyes and not actual evidence with stats to back it up.

Will absolutely wreck a lot of industries that cater to commuters tho like random lunch places, childcare workers, commercial real estate biz, and probably a few more I'm not thinking of.

I just hope it leads to more free time and not more time to be "at work"

When this is over I am probably going to continue working from home except for when I have face to face meetings with clients, depositions, or court. Other than that I will just keep working from home.

BUT I am absolutely sending my kids back to daycare. Can’t get fuck all done with a four year old and two year old around all the time. For the past five weeks I’ve been doing almost all my substantive work from like 9pm to 2am. I can’t keep this up for much longer.

WFH is something we should have been doing a long time ago

less traffic
Less pollution
Less sexual harassment
Less rent
More free time

its a win win
Free time to do what?

No work friends or colleagues
Less sex period because nobody meets anyone else when everyone is home all day
No social skills
Fewer jobs and businesses that cater to working commuters
Higher substance abuse
Higher domestic violence

Maybe great if you're a loner who plays video games all day or a serial rapist, but it sounds pretty awful to have a significant amount of a population home all day with a few errands mixed in here and there.

Bullshit there hasn't been a murder in Miami. Most people aren't working, so there isn't anyone to report them missing when they dont show up. I'm sure there's plenty of soon to be smelly homes all over the place.

Hey great... No need to go "back to normal."

It's for our safety.

All the murders got chocked up to coronavirus on the death certificates

Back