Will the count's new KO on the hands of Dan...

The last thing to go is always a fighter's power. True. It's the reason if Dan lands it's lights out. BUT. People are fooling themselves acting like he's got the speed and movement and ability to absorb punishment to contend with the best version of Bisping that we've ever seen. The truth is, Dan almost got slept by Lombard before he landed that mostly lucky awkward desperation combo. A guy with Dan's power can still get the KO but only IF he can land clean and catch you with your guard down or if you stand in front of him. Lombard made the mistake of being too stationary and squarely lining himself up to be hit in the pocket. Furthermore, come on, even for Hendo's standards that high kick to Anderson Silva-esque reverse elbow combo was something out of a comic book and I guarantee no one, especially Lombard saw that coming. The strike that you don't see coming is always the one that knocks you out.

In contrast, Bisping has learned from his mistakes. Dude is gonna be constantly on his bike throughout this fight and circling away from Hendo's power (which he did the opposite of in their last fight and to this day it haunts him) while firing off blistering counter combinations. All this being said, I'm not even a Bisping fan. I'm still annoyed that he was given the win over Anderson in a fight that I had The Spider winning. Between the two, I actually like Hendo better than Bisping and don't mind seeing him pull off the old man upset. Just don't think it's happening this time around. Bisping is very likely gonna Mousasi Hendo.

am I the only one hoping that Bisping knocks him out cold and then just does some nasty flying elbow on a prone defenseless Henderson? sorry old man Dan....but turn about is fairplay

Technically that would be "supine". Prone is on your belly.

Hando repeats, gets the belt, and instantly becomes top 3 on the GOAT list.

Here's the thing: Dan said he's gonna retire whether he wins or loses this fight. He's not the kind of guy who's gonna go out there and NOT leave everything in that cage for his final fight. I don't think there's a chance in hell this goes to decision. I really hope he lands another bomb, gets that MW title, and retires.
me too

It would be hard to deny that he has the best and most accomplished resume in mma history with a ufc strap.

I don't even hold Dan in that high regard as a fan, but if he wins the belt that discussion will get red hot and his posish in the MMA pantheon becomes a little less undeniable. We both know that clowns are gonna put an asterisk next to it because TRT before and because he won it from Bisping. Still, I'll be around to see the feathers fly.

Its been many years since Hendo has been taking that essential trt he needs which helped him last time.

I got Bisping in gsp Koscheck like performance.

I don't even hold Dan in that high regard as a fan, but if he wins the belt that discussion will get red hot and his posish in the MMA pantheon becomes a little less undeniable. We both know that clowns are gonna put an asterisk next to it because TRT before and because he won it from Bisping. Still, I'll be around to see the feathers fly.

I am a Hendo fan, but I like to think I'm pretty rational even when it comes to the fighters I'm a fan of. Nobody I can think of has a resume anything like Dan's. Dude has been fighting the best across 3 weight classes for a very long time, and has given us some incredibly memorable moments along the way. I'd like to see him get the one thing that has eluded him thusfar before he hangs them up. Everything since 2011 has been gravy until this fight.

I am a Hendo fan, but I like to think I'm pretty rational even when it comes to the fighters I'm a fan of. Nobody I can think of has a resume anything like Dan's. Dude has been fighting the best across 3 weight classes for a very long time, and has given us some incredibly memorable moments along the way. I'd like to see him get the one thing that has eluded him thusfar before he hangs them up. Everything since 2011 has been gravy until this fight.

It would make a hell of a story if he wins it, especially from Bisping given the history.

Back