Will Silva do a Dos Anjos to Nick?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by LamaIronFist, Jan 21, 2015.

1. LamaIronFist

LamaIronFist Blue Belt

Nate got his leg chopped the other day. He lasted til the end but I am sure his leg was a mess the following day. He simply had no answer for those savage kicks.

His bro Nick has always been more than willing to receive a few kicks in order to download several punches in return.

In recent times, he has faced some mild kickers like GSP and Condit. OK kicks but not in the Saffedine's league so to speak.

I have all the reasons to believe that Silva's leg is 100% as he would not have had the clearance from the doctor nor his coaches.

Andy does have some very wicked kicks of his own. If you remember Weidman's interview, he was man enough to say that he was happy to have knocked out Andy as his kicks were starting to bother him big time. He said they were extremely vicious. The funny thing is that Andy had barely kicked him. It was far from a kick fest like Dos Anjos vs. Nate.

Do you also see Andy going Aldo on Diaz and chop that front leg big time to soften him up a bit?

I do.

The other reason why I think Andy will kick like a savage is that he will want to show his future opponents that he is not gun shy when it comes to kicking with his injured leg. T

hough Andy is a great puncher, he is getting older and having people fear his kicks is a must given the fact the other top dogs in the 185 division could probably destroy him if he only shows up as a puncher. I am referring to guys like Rockhold, Jacare, Weidman and Machida in particular.

2. Arkridge

Arkridge Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Anderson said in an interview a few days ago, that he still can't kick at 100% and still has some fear when throwing leg kicks. I doubt they'll be a go-to.

3. AwesomePossum1

AwesomePossum1 Orange Belt

It'll be a whole lot worse than that, my friend.

4. surgeyou1

surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

Really? source?

5. The Don

The Don If there is no struggle, there is no progress Platinum Member

If he is able to, but I'm pretty sure Silva has his doubts as well about his leg. Also, IIRC didn't Nick do well against Cyborg who, again if I still remember correctly, attacked Diaz with leg kicks?

6. Se4n

Se4n Blue Belt

Diaz bros have always been open to leg kicks but with Anderson's case I doubt he becomes liberal with them. I imagine he will clinch a lot and use a lot of knees and use a more aggressive style like he did in his first few UFC fights.

7. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

Diaz trained with Joe Schilling and Artem Levin for this fight; I might think they practiced on checking leg kicks.

8. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

i think hes talking about anderson's own reality show

so, for me, PR move

9. OriginMMA

OriginMMA Black Belt

Please don't tell me you actually believe the bs that comes out of Silva's mouth. Anderson Silva is one of the greatest trolls in MMA.

10. Arkridge

Arkridge Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Man, can't remember where I watched the interview but I'll try and hunt it down.

11. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

i entered thinking about a flying knee

12. CarloSpcyWeiner

CarloSpcyWeiner Desert Eagle, .50 Platinum Member

Nah. Most likely a bunch of front kicks to the face with the way Diaz holds his hands.

13. DrewGZA

DrewGZA Green Belt

I thought he had a titanium plate put in there? He should have legendary leg kicks now. All he needs is TRT and he could take over the UFC again.

14. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

I expect more of a boxing approach from anderson....but I'm sure he will mix in and attempt some kicks

15. Jon Cormier

Jon Cormier Yellow Belt

andersons gunna get boxed up and peppered until he falls. body head. nick > andy

16. Ottawaguy

Ottawaguy Gold Belt

AS will mix things up. No matter how healed up his leg is, I would think that the memory of the break would somehow prevent him from throwing leg kicks full force.

Still he will have no issue turning Nick's lights outbwith a well timed headkick.

17. RoryFan

RoryFan Wears Hats

Condit is a mild kicker?

18. Renzo Gracie NH

Renzo Gracie NH Black Belt

If he is going to try test out his leg kicks, Diaz is a good guy to do it on. I don't recall him ever really checking them much in fights.

19. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

I actually think he will.

Nick Diaz is the PERFECT opponent for Anderson to get confidence back in his leg kicks.

Nick doesn't check shit and just takes as many chops as you want to throw at him. Cyborg Santos made him look like Renzo on the feet for the first little while.

If Anderson is going to get over the mental hump with kicking low, Nick is the exact opponent you would ask for.

20. MajJamil

MajJamil Purple Belt

Cyborg was foolish in that fight.. let himself get tagged against the fence, gassed then went for a TD and just kinda layed there before getting armbarred.. the leg kicks did have an effect but he kinda abandoned them